Darnall did you live here

so sad to see john who kept snakes at the top of ronald rd, in a nursing home after a stroke, he used to walk on glass , great .nice fella

almost forgot the darnall drifters skateboard club run by jan.. wow what memories

I didn't live in Darnall but I worked for a time at the Mobil petrol station on Greenland Road. Hard to believe now but I have photos of me standing by a Mobil Special pump with the price on it of 4/11 per gallon.

I spent a lot of time in High Hazels Park too on high days and holidays :hihi:

i was born and bread in darnall we lived on jubilee rd untill demolition around1976/7 i went to phillimore rd school then to park house they was some of the best days of my life happy timesa

Does any one know John and Ellen Smith. I believe they were both from Darnall then lived on the Manor on Fretson Road. They then moved on to the Greenland Estate. I would love to renew contact.

i lived on darnall rd oposite the sportsman and went to whitby rd . can anyone remember ronny guy and the double entry in bridport rd where the shop was. playing in the brick kilns at night. jacksons ice cream, barber bobs, johnsons sweet shop at the bottom of makin rd

I was born at Darnall (main road).

Does anyone remember Barry Thomas getting run over ?

what about the lyric on saturday mornings and the day the yo-yo man came and did all his tricks on stage . whit parades ernest with his pink poodles all happy memories

Edited by maggie007

Iwas born in darnall for 23 yrs Probably know all of you. Went to Phillimore rd and Coleridge Rd

from 1951 to 1976 ( moved to Handsworth )

youre mother must have gone through hell. that must be a world record for length of labour

i lived on darnall rd oposite the sportsman and went to whitby rd . can anyone remember ronny guy and the double entry in bridport rd where the shop was. playing in the brick kilns at night. jacksons ice cream, barber bobs, johnsons sweet shop at the bottom of makin rd

I remember all the things and places you mentioned.Played on that field next to the brick yard for hours.The kilns were a great place to keep warm in the winter.Later the Sportsman and Albert were great local pubs full of characters.

anyone remember wilcoxs and learys lived on fitzmaurice rd,ouseburn and harry frith x