Takara's going to be on TV!

slightley of topic but any help on stopping a dog pulling on lead?sounds trivial i know but very strong dog from pound and no matter what i do she still pulls she calms when i tell her but then does it again and litraly chokes herself, neway if u can help pm me cheers hunnyx

2 ways I have been taught:

1) Walk forwards then change to the opposite direction quickly, ensure the lead is slack at all times. Alter pace and turning, keep the dog on it's toes! Do this every time you take the dog out even if you only walk up and down the same part of the road. Check them gently once it's got the change of direction thing sorted. Practise stopping and starting changing direction/ altering pace at random times, all at random. They start to take notice and watch your pace and follow you.

2) Walk forward then suddenly stop, say no and walk backwards, the dog will follow, bring it around the back of you then walk forward once it is behind you. Again lead slack apart from the no part, when a gentle tug will do.

It works for me but I am pretty useless tbh.

Hope it helps.

only probs is hunny i also have a baby in a pram thats why im struggling with ways to do it lol cheers hun

Thanks Lindsay :D Very excited!

Right I better go bath Takara...

Thanks Lindsay :D Very excited!

Right I better go bath Takara...

Don't rub too hard - you don't want her losing her spots due to over-enthusiastic laundering! :hihi:

Ooh this sounds exciting! I go past your shop every day, Lotti, on my bus to/from work at Meadowhead, my daughter says she's been in and had a chinwag with you, though I can't remember if she said she met Takara. It looks great from the outside, I'll have to see the inside one day after work when I'm not falling asleep on the bus... :hihi:

I'm intrigued about yours and Takara's story, I suspect I may need tissues, we will watch out for you both! :)

Dozy - she's nicely white now and her spots are still there ;)

Thanks Sugarpuff! I've tried doing a webpage but it's pathetic and I've fouled up my attempt to get it uploaded to the current Pawsitively Pets website... will have to see if Sam's about to give me a hand with it!

I'm starting to be able to talk about Takara without welling up now, but not sure if I'll manage when they come to film!

Aww well done lottie, will have to watch this when it comes on calendar, it should also be good publicity for the shop aswell!! Good luck!

Thanks Ditz :D I'll let you know when it's going to be on!

Ooooo - congratulations Lotti!

You're going to be famous :D

Good luck girls! Can't wait to see it. Don't forget to let us know when it will be aired as I'll have to record it!

How exciting!

*patiently awaits update* :thumbsup:

I'm sure Takara did/will do you proud:love: