Old School Pals - Pipworth Road School

I was talking to my mum (Marina Fletcher nee Batty) about her school days and the people she remembers. Since we have been doing our family tree, we have met her long lost cousin (Norm Batty). She says she knows the following people: June Wallace, Edith Youle, Bernard Kew, Raymond Smith, Dennis Marshall, David White, Vera Thompson and Norma Batty. I think they where all at school in 1943 - 1953.

Does anyone know or is one of these people, please let me know?

Thanks

i remember a raymond smith think he used to live on prince awales road near hastillar j

My name is Brian Denial and I attended Pipworth from 1938 to 1947 I was in the last class to leave at 14. My elder brother and sisters also attended school there. Maurice, Margaret and Audrey.

I am now 80 years old and live in north Yorkshire .

I remember during the war after the Sheffield Blitz the school was closed due to an unexplored bomb in the grounds and we did our lessons at home or at neighbours homes with the teachers visiting .

Would love to hear from anybody who knows me or attended Pipworth around that time

i went to pipworth,left in 1969,the names Dennis,i lived on beaumont rd.......some of the best looking lasses in sheffield went to pipworth...........

i went to pipworth,left in 1969,the names Dennis,i lived on beaumont rd.......some of the best looking lasses in sheffield went to pipworth...........

Oh yes, Susan Taylor, 64 to 67.

I went to Pipworth school 1973 -1981 then to Waltheof and left in 85. I was Yvonne Roe then

Hi Yvonne , did you used to live on fairfax rd? somehow i seem to think of a sister called michelle, maybe i'm wrong.

Going further back than others on this thread - my ex wife went to Pipworth Road School when young - would be around 1946/7 onwards when she would be 5 years old.

Probably no one will remember her - Margaret Turner - probably changed schools when her family moved to Beaumont Road, off Prince of Wales Road.

She is still alive and lives with her second husband

Regards - Grey Eminence - Malaysia

Great times at pipworth mrs drinkwater was my first teacher in infants but others I remrmber are mr walsh mrs cielie mrs woodhead mr miskin and his mrs.wadsworth mr cook mrs robinson wonder if they are still around

I went to pipworth road school and my first teacher was miss Drinkwater. I was also in miss woodhead,.s class and if i remember rightly she always made us do something called BETA which was basically maths my worst subject ! do remember mr miskin and miss wadsworth was head teacher I went to Waltheof afterwards and left in 1977

have just seen this tread for the first time. I attended Pipworth Rd School, started in late 1942 and left at the end of 1952. In the first post severals names were mentioned but unfortunately I couldn't place one of them. I too remember Miss Drinkwater and strangely enough I can't any other teachers from the infant school. Teachers in the juniors are also hard to remember except for Miss Warren the head teacher who in my opinion was a bit of a battleaxe. The seniors I do remember Mr Smith the science teacher, a truly great person, got me interested in the subject, and I'm still learning. Mr Pickering was another good teacher. Mr Moorcock, who when was mad his bald head turned a distinctive shade of red, but if you showed an interest in gardening, you were friends for life. Miss Needle taught maths, Mr Palfyman did sports, Mr Hughes was originally the woodwork teacher, but after a confrontation with taller than average students, he was move to the arts class. The music teacher was a little fat bloke but I couldn't give a name, but he was alright. There was a teacher who used to do the girls sports, she always wore very short shorts which found interesting, but we had no idea why. I sure some of the male teachers had a furtive glance at Miss Deacon's shapely pins. The kids in our year included Tony Smith, Alan Marshall, Lawrence Brian MottMck

We all had a shower from miss wadsworth in assembly lol add mr miskin had biggest nose iv seen on a teacher lol then desperate dan mr cook he looked massive and he lifted you up when he hit u.great times though always got a cola cube off dinner lady mrs smith lol

Hi Yvonne , did you used to live on fairfax rd? somehow i seem to think of a sister called michelle, maybe i'm wrong.

did you have a sister called Michelle Roe?

Sorry I didn't see these replies!!!

Yes we lived at 4 Fairfax Road and I have a sister called Michelle

think my family went to pipworth wilcoxs

hiya my aunts went to pipworth rd rd school their names were, kathleen,margaret,ruth white they lived on paulet rd, also kenny watson,jimmy minnard,