How to build the perfect igloo.

seeing as though my lads schools are shut and i have no job {thanks to the recession and god bless you gordon brown :gag:}. i want to show the kids what real snow is really like and build them an igloo. problem is, i cant for the life of me remember how!

is there anyone out there who remembers the "real snow" and can advise me on the best methods please.

:D

Yup, one needs to build blocks. That is the way to build one; a bit like building a wall/archway. Easypeasy if not a tad time consuming. Saying that, looking out the window, there doesnt appear to be a sufficient amount of snow to build a igloo.

seeing as though my lads schools are shut and i have no job {thanks to the recession and god bless you gordon brown :gag:}. i want to show the kids what real snow is really like and build them an igloo. problem is, i cant for the life of me remember how!

:D

You can be excused for forgetting, I'm impressed you had the knowledge in the first place.

right, got the first course of bricks laid and the foundations are quite solid but how the hell do i get it to curve without caving in :confused:

my lad has given me the death threat that if it collapses after all this hard work then mother or no mother i am for it.:|

You can be excused for forgetting, I'm impressed you had the knowledge in the first place.

cant you remember building igloos when we had snow like this every winter or am i getting old :suspect::D

right, got the first course of bricks laid and the foundations are quite solid but how the hell do i get it to curve without caving in :confused:

my lad has given me the death threat that if it collapses after all this hard work then mother or no mother i am for it.:|

Gradually bring the blocks inwards to create a curve. This will be the make or break part of the operation. Pack them hard to ensure they dont fall. Either that or use a scaffold :D

Gradually bring the blocks inwards to create a curve. This will be the make or break part of the operation.

This was the 'break' part of ours on Tuesday! We got this far though :D

This was the 'break' part of ours on Tuesday! We got this far though :D

Seems you had more success with the cat :) I think the igloo would have been more successful had the angle of the arch been a bit less steep.

you need the right texture of snow,build in a spiral with the snow blocks slightly angled inward,once built you need a small pit inside to trap cold air,a bed should be made as high off the floor as is allowed by space,the inside should be smoothed off as any small pieces will gather moisture and create a drip,if you put a door on it ,then an air vent must be used in the roof to allow air out,never use a parrafin lamp inside one or it could prove fatal

i gave up..................:(

i gave up..................:(

...then in answer to an earlier question. Yes, you're getting old:hihi: