Boss coming over need the best restaurant

I'd opt for Platillos, personally. Got a good buzz about the place, excellent food and wine and plenty of other quality bars nearby should the wine start flowing. Also suggest the Wig & Pen dining room for the same reasons!

Matt S is right though - if you want the absolute best, then the Old Vicarage is the way forward. Lovely building and cracking food - the best bar none.

Basil - I'm still lmfao. You're right - it does sound like it's got all the makings of a comical - if slightly predictable - evening.

http://www.theoldvicarage.co.uk/ about 5 miles from city centre but no doubt the best place to eat in Sheffiled if you're looking to impress

Hi even though I would love to suggest you came to our place. The Robin Hood Inn

I would highly recommend The Old Vicarage.

Hi even though I would love to suggest you came to our place. The Robin Hood Inn

I would highly recommend The Old Vicarage.

Only Michelin Star restaurant in Sheffield. Unfortuantely I have never been, but I would guess it would be more than suitable and a good way to show off British food.

Another vote for the Old Vicarage, but you're unlikely to get a table for next Friday! Agree that Morans and Rafters are both great, but you may well run into the same difficulty getting a table at either of them. I recently booked a table at Morans on Fri March 20th and we were the 5th booking they had taken for that night. What credit crunch??