School Closures Thursday 5th Feb

Meynell School is now closed. We got there to be told I could leave him, but would need to pick him up at lunch time, or I could take him home straight away. He got his mark to say he made the effort, and now we are back home. :)

Concord juniors and wincobank infants are closed.

Just been turned away from both schools by teachers.

Westfield..I have phoned and asked as my kids have tram then bus ride home and buses on our estate already stopped. they said they preferred i didn't ask for them to come home and should wait but i think i'm going to phone up again if things don't improve and have them home.

bradfield school they are sending them home the bus got stoped half way and kicked the kids off to walk back home.

Errrm... That's the bus driver, not the school.... The school is still open up to now.

To the bus driver stating that High Storrs is closed: No, it is open.

*ahem*

Handsworth grange school as now closed also

Just spoken with bradfield School, the bus that picks up at Wharncliffe Side got to school ok and the bus driver then went back out and picked up more kids from oughtibridge and other surrounding areas and took them in as well.

Apparently the bus driver said ' he picked up the kids that would get on the bus'

The school said they are deciding now wether to stay open or not, and they have enough buses sat up there to get the kids home.