Black mohair wool needed urgently

Hi there,

My mum needs some black mohair wool for a sleeve on a jumper and can not find any for love nor money. Could you please help her?

Thanks

Ditz

What weight does she need? Brand? How much does she need?

A few more details would ensure the right stuff can be looked for!

Hi littleblue,

thanks for the reply, she wants 250g-300g for it to knit on 5.5mm needles. Any brand will do.

Are you sure about the quantity? Sounds like a lot for sleeve. Is it a regular mohair weight or a kid mohair? Trouble with this stuff is that 5.5mm needles would be OK for either depending on the pattern.

I wasn't sure about how much I'd need because I haven't done the sleeve yet and I have to finish the front of the jumper because it has saddle shoulders and I've never done this pattern before. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of wool as I didn't want to run out half way up the sleeve! In answer to your question it is a regular mohair weight.

Thank you

Hi JillM,

My mum says thank you. She hasn't bought any black yet so your suggestion should be fine.

Thanks again,