One extreme to the other, Australia has a heat wave

Melbourne 7 Feb today about 32 tomorrow they say low 40s Sydney tomorrow they are expecting 47 deg SORRY TO TELL YOU .

Melbourne 7 Feb today about 32 tomorrow they say low 40s Sydney tomorrow they are expecting 47 deg SORRY TO TELL YOU .

Your telling me 37 now and going to be 39 tomorrow:gag:

The nice thing about Melbourne weather is it is hot one minute the cold the next (if you can count 20degrees as cold). :thumbsup: what part of Sheffield are you from Alan, I am from Oughtibridge and live in Gisborne now about 50k north of Melbourne.

yes saturday and sunday i think .they"re telling people to stay indoors or air con shopping centers..i live on the coast in sydney [about a 10 degree differance to thecoast],just came back from the western subs today it was like a furnace out there.

We are only 10 mins from Shellharbour beach, but because we have the mountain range around us, we tend to get similar temps to the S/W Sydney suburbs.

I took the dog down to the beach yesterday for a breather and nearly got blown away, there's nothing like a good sea breeze to keep cool, better than the backyard pool in these conditions.

Bloomin' heck, 47 degrees in Sydney - that's about 116 in old money. There are times when I'm glad I live somewhere a bit cooler - http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/twigmore/Snow.jpg

watching the weather channel (Ontario) last night th0ught we had got dumped on but the east coast was hit time & time again about 15 feet of snow and asking around the same reply over & over again"Its not as bad as last year"such a easy going lot & no amount of snow was going to faze them:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Loving the weather at the moment. Though I did prefer the pretty cold atmosphere on Monday morning. It just reminded me of when we were used to do sports at school. I had a good old laugh with my colleague who said the same thing!

We used to get pushed by our teachers to do cross country running when it is extremely cold, and frosty, and the ground was hard. They also make you run straight after a lovely hot meal at lunch time, just so they make you get a stitch. Perfect!

Sometimes you do wonder however you survived the hardship of school... :hihi:

I did feel like a kid again, and I trampled all the lovely freshly layered snow on Monday morning. My boss caught me doing this and laughed his head off. I was going to send an email to spam everybody on our site for a flashmob snowball fight, but then again, I thought it may not be that professional-looking. :hihi:

I know what you mean, Bago. Mrs hillsbro and I went for a walk in Twigmoor Woods yesterday and I enjoyed throwing sticks across the frozen lake and hearing the odd sound made as they bounced. I tossed a handful of snow towards a bunch of 6- to 8-year olds and we had a really good snowball fight. I'm in my second childhood - though Mrs h. says I've never left the first..;)

Awful fires in Australia - I hope they get them under control soon, and I hope they catch and crucify the weirdos who have apparently started some of the blazes.

It's just awful, now there saying more people will be found dead in their cars, what an awful way to die.