Urgent - Help needed finding a venue for February 21st

Hi

To cut a very long and painful story short, I had an event booked for February 21st and I have been let down - basically the pub has closed without informing me and they very nicely buggered off with the £80.00 deposit I had paid too!! :rant:

Can anyone please help, offer idea's etc.? I need the following:

• Function room pretty central in Sheffield but not necessarily town cente
  • Will hold 150 people
  • Will allow my own catering (this is already organised so is vital!)
  • Minimum deposit/free use
  • Adequate space for DJ and sound system

Any help that could be offered will be greatly appreciated :help:

Might not sound much but my fella had his 21st at Bradfield Road working mens club in hillsborough, opposite the KFC on Penistone road.

It has a decent sized function room upstairs with its own bar, a stage and space for a for Dj, dance floor and also they do the buffets but you can do your own.

Plus the owners are lovely. depending on what type of venue you want , it might be worth a try , we had no problems.

hi try sheffield works dept, olive grove. had a few family fuctions there.

Gas Club at Hillsborough, Hidden away 5 mins walk from the last tram stop at Malin Bridge Hillsborough. Not the most upto date, but good for the kids, fair size function room, and stage area for DJ, cheap and you can do your own catering, friendly staff, carpark, and can get to the bar.

hi try sheffield works dept, olive grove. had a few family fuctions there.

Just tried this one - unfortunately, they insist we have their DJ at an additional cost of £100 and it's already £100 for the room so that's out I'm afraid :(

Might not sound much but my fella had his 21st at Bradfield Road working mens club in hillsborough, opposite the KFC on Penistone road.

It has a decent sized function room upstairs with its own bar, a stage and space for a for Dj, dance floor and also they do the buffets but you can do your own.

Plus the owners are lovely. depending on what type of venue you want , it might be worth a try , we had no problems.

Just tried this one too - they are fully booked until May :(

Gas Club at Hillsborough, Hidden away 5 mins walk from the last tram stop at Malin Bridge Hillsborough. Not the most upto date, but good for the kids, fair size function room, and stage area for DJ, cheap and you can do your own catering, friendly staff, carpark, and can get to the bar.

No kids will be going as it's a School Reunion - unless you count big kids that is :)

Thanks for the suggestion but this one is a bit too much out of the way :(

hi try the hillsborough hotel on langsett road. 2322100. :thumbsup:

We were booked in at the George IV on Langsett Road but the Landlord has done one with all the deposits and cleared the brewery out too alledgedly, hence our problem.

I know we aren't the only one's that have been let down but ... hey oh :confused:

sorry to hear that.::( is the george IV the same pub as the hillsborough hotel then??:confused:

hi theres a spa hotel in netheredge that has a room function to hire. its £45 an hour and own food and entertainment are okay.

sorry i dont know the name of the spa hotel as i deleted the message but if you lok at my post wanting venue fort childs 4th birthday party- the woman that emailed is on there.

hope this helps x

Hi

To cut a very long and painful story short, I had an event booked for February 21st and I have been let down - basically the pub has closed without informing me and they very nicely buggered off with the £80.00 deposit I had paid too!! :rant:

Can anyone please help, offer idea's etc.? I need the following:

• Function room pretty central in Sheffield but not necessarily town cente
  • Will hold 150 people
  • Will allow my own catering (this is already organised so is vital!)
  • Minimum deposit/free use
  • Adequate space for DJ and sound system

Any help that could be offered will be greatly appreciated :help:

Try the SWD club on Heeley Bank Road, S2. We were at a do there at weekend, it has got bar area and space for DJ, my friend did the catering herself, not sure on costs mind you ar how many it holds but worth a ring, I will try and find you number if you like.

Just found this-

S W D Sports & Social Club

Heeley Bank Road

Sheffield

South Yorkshire

S2 3GL

0114 278 0819

Edited by rainbow sky