Are you on Twitter?

Im NOT on Twitter. Am I missing anything ??????:suspect:

Register and find out, it's a bit like marmite you either love it or hate it.

Im NOT on Twitter. Am I missing anything ??????:suspect:

Stick ro Facebook Pat, it's more "interactive".

Yeah facebook has a lot more virus's for your PC/Laptop to play with lolol...

Register and find out, it's a bit like marmite you either love it or hate it.

I love Twitter, it's a great way of getting a message out there, we use it for our forum and generally speaking its easier to get our message across to the people that are interested about our content (technology and consumer issues) by following and interacting with sites, blogs and business' in the same niche.

Facebook and Twitter are totally different types of site. Not really comparable.

Facebook, Twitter and Linked in all have their advantages, disadvantages and different uses.

If you're looking to link up on any click below:

Facebook

Twitter

Linked In

Hi

Thanks 4 asking.

We recently joined up but intially found this to a be a seriously, damn laborious task. However, we can now declare that our exact status with twitter is now officially as 'highly skilled.'

It was good to follow the riots and now the partying on the streets of London, but other than that, pure BS.

I have never bothered with it but there seems to be more people saying “follow me on Twitter”, I mean people as in news reporters, news programs and even sports personalities …….. so I thought I would see what its all about.

Unfortunately like many have said “I don’t get it”, its just a list of random comments, how do you even know who is making these comments?

Do famous people really write on it, do footballers leave comments like “ I am out tomorrow, dodgy ankle ……… what would their manager say.

I put Tony Blair into the search and there was loads of them, I assume it’s the same with other well known names so how do you know who you are following or replying to.

Is it just me or am I missing something?

Edited by Grandad.Malky

Im onit but dont use it now.. i followed ever single "verified" celeb their is i think "but only the one's i heard of"

I have never bothered with it but there seems to be more people saying “follow me on Twitter”, I mean people as in news reporters, news programs and even sports personalities …….. so I thought I would see what its all about.

Unfortunately like many have said “I don’t get it”, its just a list of random comments, how do you even know who is making these comments?

It tells you their name & shows you their picture next to their comment. Often there is a link to a web page, video or image that you can click on if you're interested in reading more than a short comment.

Do famous people really write on it, do footballers leave comments like “ I am out tomorrow, dodgy ankle ……… what would their manager say.

Yes they do. Famous people love it. It's an easy way for them to broadcast messages to fans, the media & the rest of the public. Some footballers have got in trouble over their comments on Twitter. Joey Barton was sacked from Newcastle because of his comments on twitter.

I put Tony Blair into the search and there was loads of them, I assume it’s the same with other well known names so how do you know who you are following or replying to.

Celebrities are often verified by Twitter & have an icon next to their name to indicate that. You could also find the link to their account from a trusted source, like their website.

Tony Blair's official twitter account is here: https://twitter.com/#!/tonyblairoffice/

See the blue tick icon next to his name? That means it's the real ex uk pm Tony Blair.

Is it just me or am I missing something?

It's a good way to keep up with the latest news (and/or gossip) from people, companies & websites that you're interested in. It's also a good way to share messages with the public, if you want to do that.