Disgusted with service from a dentist

In response to roobarbpie and Arula 's question, yes you both were correct about the dentist location. I have been with the practice for over 10 years but I have noticed that things seem to be going downhill. When I attended an appointment in January, I said that I had a hole in my top teeth, as I could feel it with my tongue. The dentist said that there wasn't a hole but the toothache that I was having was due to problems with my bottom teeth. At the moment I'm taking ibuprofen for the pain relief but I've taken notice of what every has said. I will be contacting Charles Clifford tomorrow to see if they can help me (thanks for the advice, andco)

In response to roobarbpie and Arula 's question, yes you both were correct about the dentist location. I have been with the practice for over 10 years but I have noticed that things seem to be going downhill. When I attended an appointment in January, I said that I had a hole in my top teeth, as I could feel it with my tongue. The dentist said that there wasn't a hole but the toothache that I was having was due to problems with my bottom teeth. At the moment I'm taking ibuprofen for the pain relief but I've taken notice of what every has said. I will be contacting Charles Clifford tomorrow to see if they can help me (thanks for the advice, andco)

you may want to write that letter without the concluding sentence just to have something on record (great believer in back covering :P) and find another dentist accepting NHS patients - I think there's one up by Banner Cross.

Hehe, I'm not suprised

In fact after I posted I remember talking to a friend who'd also had a bad experience and she'd end up going to charles clifford. They were really helpful but the dentist she saw there said he seen 3 other people that week who'd had probs after to going to that dentist.

I'd been going for a while as well, I think like you said, a lot of the staff left but they continued to take more patients till they could no longer cope...

its not this one is it ??

No, its on south road in walkey

Though, i'll write off that one in my quest for a non-scary dentist well!

Gotta love NHS dentists. The only service in the world that you have to pay for (twice, tax's and you know, for actually going) and even then you may not recieve that service your tax money has paid for.

I can thoroughly recommend my dentist, Steven Cook on Bents Road, Sheff 11. He still takes NHS patients - I have a private dental plan so I can claim most of what I pay so if he does go private I can still go to him. Technically he cannot be faulted, pain-free fillings/treatments /crowns and does NOT fill teeth for fillings sake.

Just thought I'd give you all an update on this issue. Yesterday morning (Friday 6th Feb) I received a phone call from the dentist that struck me off. The caller said that she was ringing on behalf of her manager and wanted to apologise for what had actually happened. She even apologiesed for the letter that had been sent out to me (didn't get it till I got home from work on Friday). She said that they should have taken into consideration not only how I have been going to the practice for over 10 years but also the weather conditions. She offered me another appointment with the SAME dentist who refused to see me, for today (saturday). When I reminded her that this was the dentist who in fact was the one who struck me off she said "oh, I wasn't aware of that" :confused: The outcome is that the dental practice has offered me an appointment with a different dentist next week Tuesday.

I know that you may feel that the matter is resolved now but you can complain to NHS Sheffield who have some responsibility to see that dentists comply with their NHS contract and act professionally. You can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service who will help you complain informally or support you if you wish to make a formal complaint which would be dealt with by the Compliments and Complaints Manager at NHS Sheffield. I haven't got their number but it should be easy to find. good luck!

I know it's not in your area OP but Lentons surgery in Woodhouse are brilliant and i'm sure they are still taking NHS patients on. Lovely bloke x

I know that you may feel that the matter is resolved now but you can complain to NHS Sheffield who have some responsibility to see that dentists comply with their NHS contract and act professionally. You can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service who will help you complain informally or support you if you wish to make a formal complaint which would be dealt with by the Compliments and Complaints Manager at NHS Sheffield. I haven't got their number but it should be easy to find. good luck!

Thanks for that. Without this information I wouldn't have known who to complain to. Things within this practice has steadily gone downhill and to hear that other patients have experienced similar issues with this dental practice, it just makes me think that it is time for me leave. I was supposed to have some dental repair done on Monday, but their solution is that I see a different dentist within the practice who will then decide on what my treatment should be. If only they looked at my records they would then realise what treatment I require.