Disgusted with service from a dentist

I've also attended the dentists on South Road since it opened in the early

80's. The staff have always been lovely (until now) and my dentist made me feel totally at ease. A few months ago I rang for an appointment and the girl on reception said the dreaded words 'sorry your dentist has left'. She made me an appointment with one of the new dentists, but I wasn't happy with the new one, even thought I only needed one of my teeth re-filling. I paid for my treatment as usual, then I received a letter saying that I still owed money for my treatment and that if I didn't pay soon the matter would be taken further. I wrote back to them but I've not had a reply. I don't want to go back there, so I'm now looking for a new dentist in the Sheffield 6 or 10 area.

Thanks for that Dark Moomin, I've just contacted them and I've got to go up on Friday to register. The receptionist made me laugh as everyone else made it in today except the dentist. :hihi: From the coversation I had with the receptionist, I think your recommendation is good. Once again thank you.

You definitely made a good choice - Dr David Thompson has been looking after my choppers ever since he came out of dental school in 1981, as his father Derek (still going strong at 92) did before him. I'll be there on Thursday for my regular check-up. A first-class dental practice (both at Middlewood and Langsett Road, near the Hillsborough Hotel) and I would recommend them to anyone; the staff all have a good sense of humour. :)

Sorry to read about the problems you've had, I'm glad you've got something sorted out with your dentist, hope the treatment goes ok, all the best ;)

Dental surgerys are generally private busineses. Unless its a complaint about the dental treatment i doubt there's a lot you do.

Try Taylors on Sharrow Vale Road.

Yes there is.

Contact your local Primary Health Trust, or the one that deals with the area your dentist is in.

I once had to make a complaint about my dentist, and they are very helpful. They will point you in the right direction.

Jayne

I got a phone call from THAT dentist today saying that they apologies but there is no need for me to attend the pre-arranged check-up appointment tomorrow as they are now aware of the treatment that I need. In other words, they ACTUALLY read my previous dental records. I realise that this particular dental practice will NEVER change. They don't seem to be interested in their patients. I have registered with another dental practice who was referred to me by another person on this thread. Sadly to say, they won't be able to see me until the next month.

My dentist is awesome, but when I regain consiousness after accidentally over-dosing on pain relief there's always footprint marks on the arm rests?!?

ive got to say that im disgusted with manor dentist. i had a infection in my gum where my wisdon tooth was growing and they told me to make an appt in a months time and cant get a check up for my kids till easter!!!!

i went to primecare that helped me with the infection. when i went back to manor the dentist could THEN see me that mornign if i waited and wen saw her she was very concerned as there was no room for my wisdom tooth to come through and urgently needed removing as was causing my gums to be infected and bubble over my tooth.

its been 5 weeks and am still waiting for this urget appt for the hosp to remove my tooth and yet the receptionist in there wont help me.

what a dentist. and while this is going on im at home crying all day because my teeth and gums are badly hurting and am in pain.

who can i complain to because its beyond a joke, this was before xmas!!

Quite literally, he's an ass

lol that commenet normally follows one of his comments too.

Complain to the PCT - as an NHS patient they are the commisioner and may take your side in this.

page 7 of todays sheffield star,there's an nhs advertisement 32 dentists taking on new nhs patients.

ive got to say that im disgusted with manor dentist. i had a infection in my gum where my wisdon tooth was growing and they told me to make an appt in a months time and cant get a check up for my kids till easter!!!!

i went to primecare that helped me with the infection. when i went back to manor the dentist could THEN see me that mornign if i waited and wen saw her she was very concerned as there was no room for my wisdom tooth to come through and urgently needed removing as was causing my gums to be infected and bubble over my tooth.

its been 5 weeks and am still waiting for this urget appt for the hosp to remove my tooth and yet the receptionist in there wont help me.

what a dentist. and while this is going on im at home crying all day because my teeth and gums are badly hurting and am in pain.

who can i complain to because its beyond a joke, this was before xmas!!

If its the one ime thinking of on the manor he as not long been back after being struck off, i used to go there while he was having a rest so to speak, the first week he was back i heard him give a young girls grandmother some advice about amalgam fillings and what i heard i thought this is the last time i will be in this waiting room, "and it was"

ANOTHER update for you all..... I got a phone call from the dentist practice manager today and they have offered me an appointment on Monday to fix my poorly chops chops (teeth to you normal people out there) :banana::partyhat: