Can you generate infinite images?

recording a mirror

In a book i have been reading it mentions recording into mirrors. This could be done 2 ways:

1. Using a tripod and video cam record a mirror to see if the mirror image shows any results (pretty simple)

2. Same setup as above but with a 2nd mirror set-up behind the camera. This will create infinate images of rooms in the mirror facing the camera. Even more technical would be to have two video cameras facing both mirrors. The main obstacle would be the 2nd mirror as normally people have a mirror set above a fire place so we would need something to mount the other mirror, like an artists easle or the like.

The theory is that spiritual activity takes place around mirrors and that they reflect electromagnetic energy which could enhance the materialisation of a ghost, this coupled up with an ion generator (i.e. a vandergraff ) then the charged room left alone with doors shut may produce results. More on ions next thread

By simon Project-reveal.

Who's theorised that "spiritual activity" takes place around mirrors? Have they proved this? Do mirrors reflect electromagnetic energy and how does this have anything to do with making a ghost show up?? Why would an ion generator do anything either?

Of course mirrors reflect electromagnetic energy. It is just another name for light!

You will never look into infinity with two mirrors as no mirror can be completely straight enough. Try it, you will see that the images bend one way and you will have to keep adjusting the mirror. It simply does not work.

As for 'spiritual activity' well I think the whole idea is ridiculous. Are you trying to achieve static discharge from the Van Der Graaf? That is all it is, static discharge not ghosts.

Ghosts, static, ions ???? Piffle !!!! Stoop over a mirror lain on the floor and look deep into it, if you call my name and concentrate I shall appear :twisted:

recording a mirror

In a book i have been reading it mentions recording into mirrors. This could be done 2 ways:

1. Using a tripod and video cam record a mirror to see if the mirror image shows any results (pretty simple)

2. Same setup as above but with a 2nd mirror set-up behind the camera. This will create infinate images of rooms in the mirror facing the camera. Even more technical would be to have two video cameras facing both mirrors. The main obstacle would be the 2nd mirror as normally people have a mirror set above a fire place so we would need something to mount the other mirror, like an artists easle or the like.

The theory is that spiritual activity takes place around mirrors and that they reflect electromagnetic energy which could enhance the materialisation of a ghost, this coupled up with an ion generator (i.e. a vandergraff ) then the charged room left alone with doors shut may produce results. More on ions next thread

By simon Project-reveal.

Project-reveal? All you're revealing here is your own gullibility........

Of course mirrors reflect electromagnetic energy. It is just another name for light!

You will never look into infinity with two mirrors as no mirror can be completely straight enough. Try it, you will see that the images bend one way and you will have to keep adjusting the mirror. It simply does not work.

As for 'spiritual activity' well I think the whole idea is ridiculous. Are you trying to achieve static discharge from the Van Der Graaf? That is all it is, static discharge not ghosts.

also although mirrors are pretty good at reflection a small percentage of the light is always lost so you might get lots of reflections using really really good mirrors but you won't get more than a thousand or so before the image is completely lost, and it's doubtful you'll get that many

and van der graaf generators generate static electricity by putting electrons onto a charged surface, the light generated by a discharge to earth if sufficient charge builds up would reflect from the mirrors but otherwise there would be no effect on the mirrors

the nearest to infinity you are ever going to see ? go out on a cloudless night and look up at the gaps between the stars, thats about as close as you can get

Why would an ion generator do anything either?

It increases the mysticism, thus making people believe that something is going to happen thus making them convince themselves that something happened, feeling a presence etc. It might also generate some static that could in fact make you feel something. Its amazing what people will see/feel when they really WANT to.

the nearest to infinity you are ever going to see ? go out on a cloudless night and look up at the gaps between the stars, thats about as close as you can get

Doesn't matter how far you look, you'll always be infinitely far away from infinity. Such is the nature of infinity.

Doesn't matter how far you look, you'll always be infinitely far away from infinity. Such is the nature of infinity.

I did say it's as close as you are going to get

perhaps I should have added that it's still nowhere near

I did say it's as close as you are going to get

perhaps I should have added that it's still nowhere near

That's my point, you are always infinitely far away from infinity - by its definition.

Infinity = immeasurably great, so once you've measured how many images you have, infinity will be an immeasurable quantity beyond that.

Edited by TimmyR

That's my point, you are always infinitely far away from infinity - by its definition.

Infinity = immeasurably great, so once you've measured how many images you have, infinity will be an immeasurable quantity beyond that.

Furthermore to generate an infinate number of reflections you would need an infinately large mirror and infinate length of time.