Do you eat the skin on a jacket potato?

Do you eat the skin on a jacket potato?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you eat the skin on a jacket potato?

• Yes
    • No
    • I never had a jacket potato before / I want to see the results

I never peel potatoes whether chipping, scolopping mashing or leaving whole as bolied. The skin imparts it's own flavour & as has been previously posted :thumbsup: is the best bit.

Now anyone not tried this yet I recommend doing Sweet Potatoes as baked spuds - just treat them in the same way!

Mmm:P mmM!!

You're amking me hungry! I love the skin, probably more than the potato itself, especially if it's quite tough (overcooked). It tastes wonderful. Beans on a jacket spud, simple but lovely.

Not eating the skin is akin to buying fish and chips and not eating the batter/skin of the fish.

Hungry now.

I agree the skin is the best part of the potato. I even prefer to leave the skin on when I mash them!

Originally posted by Don_Kiddick

Now anyone not tried this yet I recommend doing Sweet Potatoes as baked spuds - just treat them in the same way!

Mmm:P mmM!!

Yep, I agree! Don't peel them, just cut them into large wedges (never tried them whole?) and put them in the oven with some oil on - oooh they are sooo good!

As for jacket potatoes, sometimes I eat the skin, sometimes I don't ! Don't know why really. I don't know why people don't like the skins whe done in the mcrowave, they're yummy when all kinda squidgy!

Mmmmm, hungry now too!

I once heard that the most healthy part was underneath the skin, so you lost that part if you peeled. Once a week or so I go to Pedro's Grand Potato on abbeydale road, where he always has an oven full of excelent baked potatoes, and a vast selection of fillings to try.

Also Sweet potatoes are excellent roasted, and quite filling. Unlike normal potatoes, you can make an excellent job of baking them in a microwave, and all that is required is a tiny bit of butter, as a whole one is enough to satisfy anyone's appetite for hours.

ive just eaten a jacket potato WITH skin not an hour ago for my tea :)

hardcore me lol

I actually prefer the skin of the potato as do a lot of others!!!!

I was told it was the best part for you...like the crusts of bread but not sure if that was just a ploy to get you to eat it all when I was younger???

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by shieshuk

I actually prefer the skin of the potato as do a lot of others!!!!

I was told it was the best part for you...like the crusts of bread but not sure if that was just a ploy to get you to eat it all when I was younger???

:thumbsup:

COME ON GIRLS, IT PUTS HAIRS ON YER CHEST :)

Originally posted by melthebell

COME ON GIRLS, IT PUTS HAIRS ON YER CHEST :)

Not sure if I want hairs on my chest....don't mind curly hair though......on my head!!!!!!!!! :D

Originally posted by Don_Kiddick

Here you go skin fans! :thumbsup:

This is brilliant!

http://www.britishpotatoes.co.uk/bpc_thepotato.asp

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

http://www.nutrition.org.uk/upload/Potato%20pdf.pdf

Annoyingly this is a pdf format ........

Potato fan club here