February Photography Competition:Love

February Photography Competition:Love

2008 has seen the photography competition go from strength to strength, with the quality of photos entered increasing month on month. To see the archived entries from 2008 click here.

The competition is open to ALL members of the Sheffield forum whether you've got a camera phone or the latest professional DSLR so read on...

The theme for February 2009 is 'love'. The theme of each month is open to interpretation and other than the technical rules listed below we expect that each photographer will interpret the theme in a slightly different way, leading to a more exciting competition each month.

If you wish to submit an entry for the February competition you must register at http://gallery.sunset-studio.co.uk/. Once registered, head to the September Photo Competition album http://gallery.sunset-studio.co.uk/v/Feb09/. Open the side bar, and 'add items'.

Rules

Please only upload one image per month. In previous months we have had to remove entries from the competition due to duplicate submissions. Although this is a 'bit of fun' we have rules to ensure a level and fair playing field. PLEASE follow these.

Submissions are anonymous to other members, and the only person who can see the members name is myself. Images are automatically resized to 650px (relative to prevent distortion) in order to ensure a fair playing field, and to protect the copyright of your images.

Submissions must be made by the last day of the month. On the first day of the following month a poll will be opened in the Sheffield Photography forum, and will remain open until 14th to allow two weeks of voting. In the event of more than 25 submissions, a system of heats & a final will be used to decide the winner.

All work must be your own, but any member of the Sheffield Forum may enter. We encourage everybody to have a go, and you don't need professional or DSLR equipment to be in with a chance. It's all in the moment.

If anybody wants to submit their image and is having problems with the site, please just email it to me by 27th February.

[email protected]

I'll then stick it on the gallery..

Good luck!

--

To vote for the January competition follow the link below:

(once Imp has created it, I'll link it!)

--

The following categories are coming up in the next few months so get planning:

March: Weather

April: Creative Cranes

May: Technology

June: Expression

July: Urban Detail

August: Leading Lines

September: Street Life

October: Domestic Still Life

November: The Dark Side

December: Celebration

--

p.s please link to this topic in your signature if possible

Good luck!!

Just submitted a pic, first time I've entered!

Well at least we know which one's yours now :P