Street maps of Attercliffe cum Darnall 1880s

I'm after a map fo the area around this time or before can anyone point me in the right direction.

Sezwho

Have you tried "Sheffield Scene" shop on Surrey Street ?

They have street maps of all areas of Sheffield in the early 1900's but don't know if they have any as early as the 1880's.

http://www.alangodfreymaps.co.uk

They do an Attercliffe map for 1903. Yorkshire Sheet, No.295.01 by post or available from City Library, Local Studies section. Priced about £2.50.

Earlier maps are available at the library but you need to go in and sort out which one you want. They will then order a print at the size you require.

Would this be the woodbourn rd area. My Grandfather was born there. The old school building he use to go to is still there on woodbourn Rd. Dont know what its used for now.

There are some wonderful maps of different areas of sheffield in the Local History Library on the 1st floor of the Sheffield Central Library.

They have sectioned the large maps off so that you can order copies of the section you want.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Happy days! Popt

It is thanks, can you make copies of the maps or are they still under copyright? Do you have to be a member or book to view these?

Sezwho

You need to have a library card which are issued while you wait if you are not a member already.

If you are not a member you need to take a ratesbill or a fuel bill to prove you live in the Sheffield area.

The staff are very helpful and will get any map out for you to look at on request and if you want copies they do them for you on their copier.

The maps are divided into A4 size areas and so if you need a large area you just tell them the numbers of the areas you want.

If you want to use the computers then you have to book in.

The best thing is to go down there with a bill if not a library member and ask about all the facilities.

Hope this helps you. PopT

Again this is all very helpful, thanks.

Sezwho