Any advice welcome!!

Some nice shots on there.

Looks to me like you've got an eye for a decent shot.

Just 3 bits of advice:

1/ try to keep your horizons straight, especially on water shots

2/ practice, practice, practice and play about with your camera's settings

3/ ENJOY!!!!!

I liked them. Where are the hilly street photos taken from? How did you get the strange colours on some of the landscapes? Can I have one as my screensaver at work please?

Hi astraman, thanks for that feedback. I think I am going to get a tripod soon to help with keeping the landscapes straight. My camera has loads of different settings which confuses me a bit but I am trying to experiment a little now!!

Bloomdido, glad you like them. I know they aren't fantastic but I enjoy taking them :) and I think I am improving a bit. A couple of them were a bit dark so I had a little play in photoshop to brighten them a bit and bring some of the colours out. I over-did it on the photo of the gate though and now it looks a bit pink lol. The hilly street with the houses in the background is in Crookes I think, and a couple of the others looking over rooftops is taken from my bedroom window on Ecclesall Road. You can gladly use any as a screensaver!! :) chuffed.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

This one is fantastic http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=97434&l=7ad2e&id=536251390#/photo.php?pid=2434316&id=536251390

really amazing colours. there are some pro's out there who strive to achieve photos with this sort of colouring...your locations are amazing. Keep it up and keep posting them!!!!

This one is fantastic http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=97434&l=7ad2e&id=536251390#/photo.php?pid=2434316&id=536251390

really amazing colours. there are some pro's out there who strive to achieve photos with this sort of colouring...your locations are amazing. Keep it up and keep posting them!!!!

I agree it a fantastic shot

Photos no. 5, 23 and 26 definitely got a 'wow' from me when I saw them. Fantastic colours on them, well done.

Wow thanks for your comments guys. Love to hear positive feedback and tips to improve are always welcome. I will try and put some more up as I take them. :)

Personally I think you have a good eye but I did find the framing on some photos a little off. not meaning to be picky as they are very good. One thing I would concentrate on if I were you is looking at the pictures and seeing where your eyes are drawn and how there focus is kept on the shot. Really great landscape shots IMO draw people in a keep their attention rather than having the viewer's eyes continually scanning all over the pic. They have a certain "flow" if you know what I mean.

My opinions on some of the pics are as follows:

7. I think this shot could have been better shot from a lower angle (nearer the ground) and cropped to more of a 2:1 or 3:1 aspect ratio or thereabouts. Also moving where the wall comesinto the pic to the left a touch. The sky in the pic is a little dull and for me too much is visible. Getting lower would have meant you could have brought some of the other elements closer together (wall, river and hills in the distance). Moving the wall (and having it more in the shot by being lower) would mean your eyes would be drawn to follow its path until the river intersected it.. At which point you would be drawn into the distance. Also less of the sky would mean you would have morescop for managing the shadows and highlights of the pic (if you are into photo manipulation) and you could also adjust the hues of the yellow and green to add a touch of vibrance to the shot.

20. I like the colours in this shot but I can't help but feel the trees at the top dominate just a touch too much.

23. Your best shot... I would just consider the framing... the posts at the base of the picture are a little distracting... For me they should either be in the shot or out of it. I would also consider the tree a little bigger (filling more of the fram or moving your angle to have it on the right more. There is a beautiful flowing slop behind it and I want to see more of it.