Rip off Prices Bottled Gas

I may be wrong...but I've always thought that Calor stipulated a retail price that selling agents had to charge. i.e. the same price everywhere.

No they don't, nor are they allowed to.

Everyone should be aware especially campers that a large bottle of BUTANE is £27 in CCC near Bramhall lane and the same bottle is £18 in tool hire

at Wolsley Rd,Queens Road junction.

I've always found it's best to ring at least three suppliers to get quotes on a like for like basis. ie: compare a 13kg refill bottle of butane gas (as used in most cabinet heaters) from perhaps calor gas, a garden centre, and a tool hire shop. Or if its a smaller 7kg cylinder compare that exact size in the same way.

I usually buy mine from either morrisons petrol station at crystal peaks or at mf hire which i think is either queens road or eastbank road.

I've always found it's best to ring at least three suppliers to get quotes on a like for like basis. ie: compare a 13kg refill bottle of butane gas (as used in most cabinet heaters) from perhaps calor gas, a garden centre, and a tool hire shop. Or if its a smaller 7kg cylinder compare that exact size in the same way.

I usually buy mine from either morrisons petrol station at crystal peaks or at mf hire which i think is either queens road or eastbank road.

Morrisons @ Crystal Peaks?

Sorry - for some reason i always refer to morrisons at crystal peaks, you are right i mean the petrol station at their halfway store:)

Go to gas and hire on attercliffe, they are cheapest.

Ive just telephoned around sheffield and ordered some gas for my cabinet heater from MF Hire on East Bank Road. I found that they were the cheapest of all from the places i phoned and they are also delivering it free of charge to my home in Hillsborough. :hihi:

Ive just telephoned around sheffield and ordered some gas for my cabinet heater from MF Hire on East Bank Road. I found that they were the cheapest of all from the places i phoned and they are also delivering it free of charge to my home in Hillsborough. :hihi:

how much is it from them? and what size.

thanks.

Magna plant hire free same day delivery in the sheffield area 6 days a week 0114 2888494

Edited by manta gte

I just purchasd two refills from Gas and Hire at the top of shepcote lane. Their price was £25.50 per 13kg bottle incl VAT.

I did not shop around on price. However, after comparing prices later on line I could have got them for £21.48 inc VAT.

Anyone else purchased any bottles recently in Sheffield?

Very interesting. How much please and what size?