Rip off Prices Bottled Gas

We moved over to Flo Gas as the bottles and refills are much cheaper than Calor.

I think its Flo Gas anyway, will check if you need me to. They have mustard coloured gas bottles.

Don;t forget thought the regulators or different on flo gas and calor.

The mustard colour bottles from flo gas are the same fitting as calor gas, 21mm regulator

The mustard colour bottles from flo gas are the same fitting as calor gas, 21mm regulator

Quick off topic - do you really have a manta gte?? :o

It's that time of year again when the cabinet heater is on in the garage. for anyone interested i am getting my refills of bottled gas from mf hire at east bank road S2.

Just tried these gasdeal guys (was going to order a spare bottle) but their phone number is "not in service", think I'll stick with my local Sheffield stockist!

---------- Post added 18-11-2016 at 10:30 ----------

Came across this http://www.finditlocaldirectory.co.uk/bottled-gas-stockist-sheffield.html

Just tried these gasdeal guys (was going to order a spare bottle) but their phone number is "not in service", think I'll stick with my local Sheffield stockist!

---------- Post added 18-11-2016 at 10:30 ----------

Came across this http://www.finditlocaldirectory.co.uk/bottled-gas-stockist-sheffield.html

Why do you need a phone number? You click, checkout, pay. :loopy:

If you're worried/nervous, see this -- http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=gasdeal

To be fair, they are just Flo Gas resellers. So it could be that you can get the gas cheaper from a local firm... I'm lazy though, everything comes to me.

I've always found it's best to ring at least three suppliers to get quotes on a like for like basis. ie: compare a 13kg refill bottle of butane gas (as used in most cabinet heaters) from perhaps calor gas, a garden centre, and a tool hire shop. Or if its a smaller 7kg cylinder compare that exact size in the same way.

I usually buy mine from either morrisons petrol station at crystal peaks or at mf hire which i think is either queens road or eastbank road.

I think that there is some confusion here... Butane bottles are usually 15kg, Propane are 13kg, due to the lower density of propane, given the same size bottle.

Most equipment will work OK on either, but at this time of year, it is better to use Propane, if the bottle is outdoors, or in an unheated premises, as it will come off as a gas down to -40 deg. C. Butane, when it gets to below -1 deg C, will stay liquid in the bottle, and refuse to gasify until warmed up. Household portable heaters use Butane, cos the house usually never gets that cold.. but garage and workshop heaters tend to be propane, as they can refuse to work in winter.

ive got a 46 kg bottle costs 46 to exchange ( only paying for gas) and its so much better value than 13kg bottles, and the cost for the initial bottle is a tenner .. from rother gas at parkgate in rotherham

I get my 15kg Butane from Towsure Holme Lane, £36.

If there is anywhere much cheaper in S6 I haven't found it.