Rip off Prices Bottled Gas

Campers/caravanners would be using propane rather than butane at this time of the year.

Out of intrest whats the difference between the two ?

I bought my first refill of this winter for £25 just before the snow in November. In late December the price had gone up to £26. A couple of weeks ago it was £28!

what do you call a large bottle of gas ...i have a caravan and a 47kg bottle is £45

what do you call a large bottle of gas ...i have a caravan and a 47kg bottle is £45

Thats what i think as a large bottle, but i think the posters are refferring to touring size bottles for "campers"

Can you imagine moving a 47kg bottle around in your van! There are a right weight to move!

We pay £36-£38 last year for the 47kg!

Out of intrest whats the difference between the two ?

propane (the red 1) will be useable in all but the most extreme (cold) outside temperatures, however butane (blue) can in a sense freeze, so if you're planning a winter trip to scotland in your caravan propane is the way. It's worth noting litre for litre butane (blue) has the most energy so wont use as much as propane (red) to boil your kettle

propane (the red 1) will be useable in all but the most extreme (cold) outside temperatures, however butane (blue) can in a sense freeze, so if you're planning a winter trip to scotland in your caravan propane is the way. It's worth noting litre for litre butane (blue) has the most energy so wont use as much as propane (red) to boil your kettle

also propane burns hotter than butane, and propane I think is the same has what you get from the filling stations for 78p a ltr ,and this is a even cheaper way to do it (£12per 13kg bottle). it burns the same but its called lpg we use in all ours and smells the same too. do it this way a big 47kg bottle is only about £30 I think has that is bigger than we use althought 100ltr is only £65

but i can only buy Calor Gas

Keep your eyes open and you'll probably find a bottle that's been dumped on waste ground.

For anyone interested... "a new Sheffield bottled gas stockist" in Eckington, near Mosborough etc. Just drove past in the car...at the main crossroads on Rotherham Road. It's called Youcan Hire and is a Flogas dealer.

We have a spare empty bottle because whatever amount we order they only take back the same amount of empties they will not take the extra one back.

We moved over to Flo Gas as the bottles and refills are much cheaper than Calor.

I think its Flo Gas anyway, will check if you need me to. They have mustard coloured gas bottles.