Rip off Prices Bottled Gas

Everyone should be aware especially campers that a large bottle of BUTANE is £27 in CCC near Bramhall lane and the same bottle is £18 in tool hire

at Wolsley Rd,Queens Road junction.

Everyone should be aware especially campers that a large bottle of BUTANE is £27 in CCC near Bramhall lane and the same bottle is £18 in tool hire

at Wolsley Rd,Queens Road junction.

That is cheap but make sure it's the same size. Calor do 15kg and the others do 13kg or sometimes less so you will have to collect it more often..

Isn't the bulk of the cost the actual deposit for the canister though? Or is that the price for a refill?

Isn't the bulk of the cost the actual deposit for the canister though? Or is that the price for a refill?
It is at the beginning and could be up to £30 extra for the cylinder but those prices are just for the gas.

Your first purchase is around £50 -£55. This is for buying a full 15kg bottle.Once you've paid this, you then own the gas bottle. You can trade it in later if you don't need it - you'll get around £25 for it. The prices in the earlier posts are for refills.

Your first purchase is around £50 -£55. This is for buying a full 15kg bottle.Once you've paid this, you then own the gas bottle. You can trade it in later if you don't need it - you'll get around £25 for it. The prices in the earlier posts are for refills.
You don't ever own the bottle, you pay for the right to use a bottle because you get another one each time you get a refill and the bottle owner (company who's name is on it) is responsible for maintaining and providing public liability insurance on it. You do not get the money back either, you will be entitled to a proportion if you retain the original hire form, depending on how long you have had it with a maximum of 40%. Without that the dealer may make an ex gratia payment for it but it won't be anywhere near original cost.

Sorry, didn't explain myself very well. When we got our new bottle we were told to keep the paperwork and we would be refunded if we wanted to return the bottle when we don't need it any more. Anyway it's nice to know the tool hire place are cheaper than anywhere else.

Sorry, didn't explain myself very well. When we got our new bottle we were told to keep the paperwork and we would be refunded if we wanted to return the bottle when we don't need it any more. Anyway it's nice to know the tool hire place are cheaper than anywhere else.
I'd be very surprised if you got a full refund for the bottle price. Who's bottle is it?

Campers/caravanners would be using propane rather than butane at this time of the year.

I may be wrong...but I've always thought that Calor stipulated a retail price that selling agents had to charge. i.e. the same price everywhere.

Towsure and CCC have always been the same price.

Towsure won't give discount as is normal to Caravan Club members for other items for this reason.

CCC do give discount to anyone with a discount card.

Calor themselves are advertising them at £26.40 on their website.

£18 is for the smaller 7kg bottle.