Morland Road Herdings whats it like?

i lived on Morland Road (36) for 20 odd years and found it the best place I have lived local people were brilliant, but alas this was over 20 years ago but have friends who still live on said road and they dont have many problems. So you decide

All those rows of low rise flats which look quite depressing on Morland Road (near shops) are they just for pensioners or anyone? Some have been modernised and some havent and look neglected. Are the council doing them up?

Any update on this ?

Any update on this ?

Well, I currently live on Morland Road, in one of the low rises, and I'm 24. Hope that helps!

By the way, I have lived here for two years, not an ounce of trouble.

Oh, and they have been done up by the council, and they look very nice now, at least from the inside.

This thread is a joke.

To the locals, you would be more believable if you actually included just maybe one negative about the area instead of all saying it's the best place to live ever.

It's laughable when people are so blatantly bias, everywhere has negatives and I know for a FACT, from someone who has lived there, that it certainly has a few things that aren't so heavenly.

Be fair to people that are asking for advice, it seems to me nearly everyone in Sheffeld lives in the most perfect place. Everyone is different, what's acceptable for some isn't for others.

A little tip for everyone, type into google. ' XXXXXXXXX Road Sheffield Jailed', obviously substituting the XXXXXXXXX for whichever street name, always a good indicator of the neighbours. I'll let you guys find out what the most recent offender on Morland Rd was jailed for...

Edited by strikerPaul

Hi,

Ive heard today it isnt too nice an area ..

Edited by larky

thanks for your answers from this area above cheers, now i know ..

Edited by larky

Hi,

Ive heard today it isnt too nice an area ..

For what it is (a cheap flat or house on a council estate), it's a nice area. It's not Dore, but the houses don't cost half a million either.

It's a mile away from any bad areas. There are bad parts of the Gleadless Valley estate, but they're around Blackstock Road & Newfield Green. People from outside the area lump it all together, but around Herdings really isn't bad.