Morland Road Herdings whats it like?

Can anyone tell me what its like to live on morland road at herdings? I have heard tales of arson, kids chucking things at buses etc but wonder if it is true. I drove up there today at different times and it was quiet. I suppose I need to go at night.

Is the boxing club or youth centre a problem, because the house Im looking at is near there, beyond the shops.

Thank you from a newbie.

isnt that great. lots of houses where you cant park your car outside so bit of problem there. know some peeps who have had probs on there. gleadless area not great anyway and morland road at the top end. handy for tram I grant you. try bit further across at charnock or townend (back of white lane is nice and quiet)

my mum lives on morland drive and i have friends on morland rd and thay have never had any trouble. its pretty quiet 24/7

If you're a chav (Gold chain, no brain) with a big dog, don't mind walking through a carpet of dog crap, don't own a car (it'll get vandalised), don't work (you'll be kept up all night with the noise) then it's very good.

If, however, you have any common sense, you will stay away from this lawless, drug infested hell hole and live anywhere else on Earth including Helmond Province.

If you're a chav (Gold chain, no brain) with a big dog, don't mind walking through a carpet of dog crap, don't own a car (it'll get vandalised), don't work (you'll be kept up all night with the noise) then it's very good.

If, however, you have any common sense, you will stay away from this lawless, drug infested hell hole and live anywhere else on Earth including Helmond Province.

Think you're on drugs.

I've lived on morland road for 15 years and its nothing like that. Morland road is probably the quietest road on the valley and as for vandalism i've had my car done once since i've been here.

Compare that to my dad who's had his car and van damaged 5 times in 3 years and he lives on charnock.

People automatically assume morland road is a **** hole because its on the valley but becausae its on the outskirts its a decent road to live on

Well, I agree, you can get your car damaged anywhere, its happened to us on a private road, in a car park etc ... Thanks otter.

All those rows of low rise flats which look quite depressing on Morland Road (near shops) are they just for pensioners or anyone? Some have been modernised and some havent and look neglected. Are the council doing them up?

anywhere between the gaunt pub and the water tower is ok though the higher up blackstock you go the better i've always thought of herdings as a nice area of gleadless, i've lived here for 12 years and the only trouble i've had is from the idiot next door.

This is what the Special Neighbourhood Team from Woodseats Police said:

Thre used to be problems with youths when the youth centre was operating, but it burned down last year and since then there have been no reports of a youth nuisance, it is mainly centred lower down the Valley around Gaunt Road and Newfield Green.

I asked specifically if there were any problems with kids climbing on the garages that are at the end of the gardens on part of Morland Road, and was told that there had been no reports.

I also asked were there any plans to renovate and reopen the youth centre up there, and was advised that I should ask Sheffield Futures about that.

Anyone got anything to add?

I've never had any problems with my car there. I did park it on Dore Road, S17 once though and someone ran a screwdriver all the way along one side...Herdings is a nice place

Think you're on drugs.

I've lived on morland road for 15 years and its nothing like that. Morland road is probably the quietest road on the valley and as for vandalism i've had my car done once since i've been here.

Compare that to my dad who's had his car and van damaged 5 times in 3 years and he lives on charnock.

People automatically assume morland road is a **** hole because its on the valley but becausae its on the outskirts its a decent road to live on

As most folk have said, its not quite as bad as people would make you believe, the chance of having your car vandalised is above average but generally its okay, probably one of the better areas of gleadless

I went to look at a house up there, seemed a nice quiet place, would have moved but my daughter was against it cos it was too far away from her friends, from what i seen i thought it was sound