Great lead guitarists - who's the Daddy?

What about Hank Marvin? Have all The Shadows stuff plus his solo work and even Marvin, Welch & Farrar when they should have had more recognition. In my view they were as good harmony wise as Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. Many of the dudes mentioned in this thread pay tribute to the man, and have played alonside him at various times. I also appreciate Eric Clapton and John Williams and what about Mark King from Level 42, one of the best bass players in the world, or is that a new thread!!!!

Stevie Ray Vaughan...well that's what I hear morning, noon and night. My b/f swears by him and has the dvd running while he practises. Help!!! Ear plugs!!!

:)hiall,just thought i'd reserect this thread [oh no who is this wa**er] i can't believe i forgot jan akerman [focus] the daddy,any argument just listen to hocus pocus.

:(wow check this guy out- steve vai-building the church, as if!f**K*N *ell,my rock star son pointed this to me,outstanding!i guess i'l stand down now[i still like pete townsend though-lol]

Wot no votes for Sonic Youths' Lee Ranaldo? :(

Admin error surely?

There's probably a reason for it my friend! ;)

Blimey.. do people really still have arguments over who is the greatest (ahem) axe hero.. its like being transported back to 1981 when I was 13 and me & my mates were listening to too much dodgy prog rock...

btw - its clearly Jimi Hendrix...

:)