The Moor regenaration project cancelled until further notice

Ive just been reading that there is to be no work atall on the moor and surrounding areas in 2009, apparently the credit crunch has hit and they can't afford it now, i can't believe we have got to put up with the city centre the way it is all year and god knows how much longer.

Story here

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/39Disaster39-as-600m-city-centre.4925203.jp

This news story's about Sevenstone, not the Moor - that one's still going ahead as far as anyone knows, as Argos are also reported today as planning to move their store so that site can be rebuilt.

Sevenstone is the development that was going to flatten Coles, the fire station, the Grosvenor/Wap and all the nice old buildings round the back of there. If it is cancelled, then I have to say.....there's at least something good about the recession!

so what about all the demolished shops and half finished buildings what will happen to them?

Post deleted as I thought it was about the Moor

it wouldnt surprise me if the moor was also cancelled/delayed, leaving another open post-war hole in the city centre. sign of the new times though i spose.

it wouldnt surprise me if the moor was also cancelled/delayed, leaving another open post-war hole in the city centre. sign of the new times though i spose.

i thought you were sectioned:hihi:

I thought there would be more traffic on this thread when I read the story.

Another stunning example of the business acumen of Sheffield Council leaders I thought. :rolleyes:

I have been reliably informed that the MOOR project has been placed "ON HOLD"...?!~#