Burial Records for Attercliffe Cemetary c.1899-1912

Sorry but what do you mean by pm a copy.

Begora

Sorry for asking but are there any satterthwaites in attercliffe

No there isn't, I've also looked in Tinsley too and there isn't any there either.

I am looking for any help with finding any of the following -

Mainly the Scarborough family then my other family connections of - Hartley's / Sharrock's and Holt's - buried in Attercliffe / Burngreave / City Road and Tinsley cemeteries, all from aroung 1901 - the present day.

Thankyou For all Your Help!

James

Would it please be possible for anyone to check if a Harrison child was baptised and/or buried at Darnall Holy Trinity Church during 1909 - 1911.

Many thanks

Begora

Would it please be possible for anyone to check if a Harrison child was baptised and/or buried at Darnall Holy Trinity Church during 1909 - 1911.

Many thanks

Begora

On the Sheffield Family History disc the dates of burials only go up to 1866 at Darnall HT and this is the only Harrison on there

HARRISON Sarah 3 Apr 1860 Darnall 61

You would probably need to go down to the archives to find later dates.

I am looking for Mary and John Winter husband and wife- she was born 1837 and he was born 1841 - they lived at Pitsmoor but haven't been able to trace their burials - any information welcome

I am looking for Mary and John Winter husband and wife- she was born 1837 and he was born 1841 - they lived at Pitsmoor but haven't been able to trace their burials - any information welcome

Do you know their dates on death as there are quite a few recorded on Sheffield Indexers site.

I can only say they were born 1837 for Mary and 1841 for John - they don't appear on the 1891 census so may have died between the 1881 and 91. I have checked on the indexers but nothing. Not sure if there are other cemeteries that are not on the indexers. Their son was baptised Holy Trinity, Wicker

Checked Pitmoor Christchurch and Tinsley, Attercliffe and Darnal Cemeteries but no luck. Burngreave isn't fully transcribed yet but it is now up to 1891 so no sure if you've checked recently.

I think this is John's burial (from Sheffield Indexers):

WINTER, John (Brewer's Labourer, age 45).

Died at Found In Canal (17 Neville Street); Buried on June 20, 1887 in Consecrated ground;

Grave Number 68, Section M1 of Burngreave Cemetery, Sheffield.

There are no other burials listed for this grave but the transcription has only reached 1891.

Mary may have remarried.

Hugh

Wow well done HughW - I have checked the Indexers several times and must have had the wrong specs on. Thats definitely him - right address and occupation. I will check out Mary marrying again.

That entry may be a recent addition to the site.

I think Mary did re-marry:

GRO Marriages SEP Qtr 1889

Walker John Sheffield 9c 589

Winter Mary Sheffield 9c 589

Mary's distinctive birthplace is helpful. It's 'Armin' in 1871 and 1881 but is correctly spelled as 'Airmyn' in 1891 and 1901. This is in the East Riding, not far from Howden where John WINTER was born.

This is Mary in 1901:

piece 4373 folio 76 page 21

101 Neville St

Mary WALKER Head Wid 63 YKS Airmyn

+ 3 boarders

Her son Thomas WINTER and his family are at no. 97.

Hugh