Burial Records for Attercliffe Cemetary c.1899-1912

Rivelin6 may I ask if you would look at your records for a Tom Kay died sometime around 1930 wife Kate Plackett. My problem is that his is a quite common name and I can't get a fix on the correct person. He was my granddad BTW. Regards Nan

Rivelin6 may I ask if you would look at your records for a Tom Kay died sometime around 1930 wife Kate Plackett. My problem is that his is a quite common name and I can't get a fix on the correct person. He was my granddad BTW. Regards Nan

Hi Nan,

Had a look at the Tinsley Records and he's not there. Is it that cemetery or another you thought he was buried in?

Hi Rivelin6, So far as I know my folks lived on Princess St Attercliffe- Tom died in between 1922-36 so far as I can find out. I am searching on Ancestry and think I have found him but a date of death would help. But having said that I don't want to be a bother and I thank you for your help in checking your records. Fascinating stuff this forefathers business:) Regards Nan

Watch out everyone, I see the 'Spelling Police' are on site again

PopT

Hello Rivelin6,

If my ancestors lived and died in Carbrook, please can you tell me if they would have been buried in Attercliffe cemetery or was there one in Carbrook itself. I'm talking early 1900's.

Many thanks.

Hello Rivelin6,

If my ancestors lived and died in Carbrook, please can you tell me if they would have been buried in Attercliffe cemetery or was there one in Carbrook itself. I'm talking early 1900's.

Many thanks.

To be honest they could be buried anywhere, people travelled to the other side of the city sometimes for burials but Tinsley/Attercliffe would be the best place to start. If you give me their names I will take a look. You can pm me if you don't want to put them on an open forum.

Hi Rivelin6, So far as I know my folks lived on Princess St Attercliffe- Tom died in between 1922-36 so far as I can find out. I am searching on Ancestry and think I have found him but a date of death would help. But having said that I don't want to be a bother and I thank you for your help in checking your records. Fascinating stuff this forefathers business:) Regards Nan

There is a Thomas Kay dying in Sheffield in the June Quarter of 1934 but it doesn't give the burial place.

Nanrobbo,

It would help to know when Tom was born (as the death and burial records list ages).

The Thomas who Rivelin6 found in 1934 was 78 and was buried at City Road:

Burials in Grave Number 8100, Section U of City Road Cemetery

Kay, Leonard (child, age 3y10mo).

Died at Maltravers St; Buried on April 14, 1888 in Consecrated ground;

KAY, Thomas (Joiner, age 78 ).

Died at 221 Fitzhubert Rd; Buried on June 11, 1934 in Consecrated ground;

(from Sheffield Indexers)

Hugh

Thank you both, My Tom Kay was born about 1886 and I'm fairly sure I've found him on Ancestry. His father was also Thomas which made it more difficult. Thank you once again I think it's wonderful that I can ask help from the other side of the world. Bless you Nan xx

Can anyone be kind enough to search for my ancestors graves, the WESTON's of Attercliffe Common, of Dunlop St and Amberley Street. I am struggling as I live a distance away.

My great grandfather was Thomas Weston born 1875 died 1955, hairdresser, barber, taxidermist. Lived at shop 162 Attercliffe Common.

Regards

Carol.

Edited by cas2009

Can anyone be kind enough to search for my ancestors graves, the WESTON's of Attercliffe Common, of Dunlop St and Amberley Street. I am struggling as I live a distance away.

My great grandfather was Thomas Weston born 1875 died 1955, hairdresser, barber, taxidermist. Lived at shop 162 Attercliffe Common.

Regards

Carol.

Hi Carol,

My family, Riley/ Lincoln's lived on all the roads you mentioned so I will look them up for you.

These are the Tinsley ones

WESTON Anne 15 Jul 1893 47 wife of Wm 148 Bright Str Attercliffe ZA36nc

WESTON Beatrice 11 Feb 1897 14 dau of Fredk 106 Attercliffe Common Attercliffe DA73c

WESTON Charles 7 Oct 1925 54 furnaceman Lodge Moor Hospital Sheffield F1c

WESTON Charles 22 May 1973 62 Royal Infirmary Sheffield ID158gp

WESTON Charles William 10 Jun 1948 68 slinger 9 Flaxby Rd/City Gen Hosp Sheffield A157c

WESTON Doreen 31 Dec 1925 3m dau of Albert 11 Acres Hill Rd Sheffield SA112gp

WESTON Doris 19 Nov 1908 5m dau of Thomas 140 Attercliffe Com Carbrook YA36nc

WESTON Edith Annie 21 Oct 1966 68 widow 110 Barrie Rd / Lodge Moor Hos Sheffield F59c

WESTON Enoch 15 Aug 1928 54 engineer 13 Warden St Sheffield EA31c

WESTON Frances Ellen 2 Jul 1971 62 Royal Hosp Sheffield ID151gp

WESTON Frederick 28 Feb 1931 80 retired 12 Herries Rd / 21 Fisher Lane Sheffield A157c

WESTON Frederick 29 Dec 1965 88 retired "Hillcrest, Leverton Rd" Retford T25c

WESTON George 9 Aug 1912 74 carter 276 Shirland Lane Darnall W1c

WESTON Harry 18 Sep 1916 2m son of Harry 48 Coleridge Rd Attercliffe FB123nc

WESTON Harry 25 Jan 1962 71 retired 110 Barrie Rd / Royal Hosp Sheffield LC154c

WESTON Henry George 26 Apr 1941 81 labourer 334 Greenland Rd Sheffield F?C154c

WESTON Jane 24 May 1928 59 wife of Enoch 13 Warden St Sheffield EA31c

WESTON Jessie Nortcliffe 17 Mar 1912 11 dau of Walter Nortcliffe 23 Swan St Attercliffe R145c

WESTON Mary Elizabeth 11 Sep 1951 65 housewife Royal Infirmary Sheffield T25c

WESTON Mary Jane 20 Nov 1937 81 widow 21 Fisher Lane Sheffield A157c