Burial Records for Attercliffe Cemetary c.1899-1912

oh thank you so much...my dad will be so pleased..this means i can possibly take him to her grave now...hes had a long wait bless him....once again thank you very much....does it tell you how old they were when they died? My dad was never sure how old she was.....

Here you go

LOCKWOOD Elizabeth Ann 27 Jul 1944 43 wife of Arthur 4 Goulders Terrace/Commonside Sheffield QC66c

Yes 43 . I'm really glad your dad has now found what he's been looking for. My own father's family are all buried up there and his mother also died at the same age. Weird isn't it!

QC66c is the reference no to the plot. If you look on Sheffield Indexers site or Sheffield Records online you will be able to get a map of the cemetery so you can locate the grave easily. Alternatively if you go up there there is usually a grounds person/ gardener etc to ask. If you need any help locating the map I will send you a copy.

(That was me Rivelin6. forgot to sign out of my partner's account again.)

Edited by taxman

Oh thank you...you dont know what this means to us especially my dad like i said...he never knew how old his mother was...he knew his fathers age and he knew his mother was few years older than him..but never exact age...thats lovely thank you so much...if i need a copy of the map then i will be in touch...thats lovely thank you.....

I want to thankyou all for you're help so far. I went up to try and find the locations of the burials this weekend but as I suspected they were in unmarked graves. Can someone help me out again, on the list(s) that you have does it list the graves that are near to these locations outlined below.

Attercliffe Christ Church.

BLUFF John 28 Dec 1883 32 turner 41 Stedfast Street Attercliffe C1nc

BLUFF Marian 13 Mar 1881 1 infant Carlton Rd Attercliffe B1121nc

BLUFF Mary Rebecca 11 Jan 1888 32 widow 63 Swallow Street Attercliffe C

Tinsley park cemetery

Mary Jane Hardman - Section W plot 128 along with 3 of her infant Children.

Hardman child is buried at Section E plot 92

Thomas Hardman was a wire straightner and died 1935 aged 65 he is buried at Section L plot 107

I want to thankyou all for you're help so far. I went up to try and find the locations of the burials this weekend but as I suspected they were in unmarked graves. Can someone help me out again, on the list(s) that you have does it list the graves that are near to these locations outlined below.

Attercliffe Christ Church.

BLUFF John 28 Dec 1883 32 turner 41 Stedfast Street Attercliffe C1nc

BLUFF Marian 13 Mar 1881 1 infant Carlton Rd Attercliffe B1121nc

BLUFF Mary Rebecca 11 Jan 1888 32 widow 63 Swallow Street Attercliffe C

Tinsley park cemetery

Mary Jane Hardman - Section W plot 128 along with 3 of her infant Children.

Hardman child is buried at Section E plot 92

Thomas Hardman was a wire straightner and died 1935 aged 65 he is buried at Section L plot 107

No it just gives plot references for people so unless someone has transcribed all the grave stones for that cemetery or certain sections, like City Road, then all you can do is get the map and find the right section and look on certain gravestones to follow the numbers till you get to the right place. I will warn you though it's very difficult sometimes with old gravestones to find the numbers- many have become unreadable. If you need copies of the maps though then let me know.

That was Rivelin6 again by the way lol

It's OK Rivelin, I have maps and pinpointed a rough location but the numbers were few and far between so I just thought I'd try on the off chance. Where might I get those kind of details btw, eg a transcription of all the gravvestones in those cemetary's?

Sezwho

It's OK Rivelin, I have maps and pinpointed a rough location but the numbers were few and far between so I just thought I'd try on the off chance. Where might I get those kind of details btw, eg a transcription of all the gravvestones in those cemetary's?

Sezwho

It's cemetery not cemetary! Dumbass!

Somebody block Blade73 now, how rude! Rupert Everett lover

OK, Thanks Mr Clary. BTW... I'm sure I saw your dog yesterday, Fanny the wonder dog wasn't it. I've been waiting for the login request on that site but I'll chase and do as suggested.

OK, Thanks Mr Clary. BTW... I'm sure I saw your dog yesterday, Fanny the wonder dog wasn't it. I've been waiting for the login request on that site but I'll chase and do as suggested.

U try and help someone and all you get is abuse!! And remember it 'e' not 'a' in cemetEry

Sezwho

Depends if someone has done them. I know most of City Road has been done and Wardsend too but unsure about others. Asking people on Sheffield Indexers or Sheffield Records Online will be your best bet. I know what you mean about grave numbers though, they are very few and far between.

I do remember once going to City Road Cemetery and they did have a map of where each plot numbers were so maybe other cemeteries do the same.