Chris Benson aka Lester Pigott

Anyone know what happened to Chris? he was a bit of a gangster (60s type) in Sheffield. Sufferred badly with Arthritis. Nicer guy than his reputation.

chris died quite a few years ago xenia, he lived at greenhill and used the white swan a lot . he was good friends with me and my dad .also used to drink wit him in the globe on howard street ,pete drabble was the landlord .benson was a good laugh and a mad gambler I always liked his company . . he sold more gold in his city than most jewellers shops . we must know each other because we seem to know the same people in a lot of threads .

you must dread my replies , the last two people you have asked about are both dead .

Edited by alex3659

It is getting a bit depressing. But thanks for the info.

chris died quite a few years ago xenia, he lived at greenhill and used the white swan a lot . he was good friends with me and my dad .also used to drink wit him in the globe on howard street ,pete drabble was the landlord .benson was a good laugh and a mad gambler I always liked his company . . he sold more gold in his city than most jewellers shops . we must know each other because we seem to know the same people in a lot of threads .

you must dread my replies , the last two people you have asked about are both dead .

hi chris was my dad , yeah he died in 1991 , and your right he sold no end of gold and we spent many an hour in the swan and globe lol

He once took me to a gambling club down Attercliffe, I was 18 and skint. The dealer was a retired pro boxer called Kiteon Lave, a Tongan I think. Chris gave him the wink and i walked out an hour later with 20 quid. A fortune in 1967. It got me started.

Nice bloke Chris, unfortunate in his health, Knew everyone that mattered had interesting friends in Blackpool and Belfast.QUOTE=keeleyg;6630858]hi chris was my dad , yeah he died in 1991 , and your right he sold no end of gold and we spent many an hour in the swan and globe lol

oh right,,, its good to hear things about him cos that was before I was born . Yeah he had a few connections some probaly more desirable than others