Walkers Crisps New Flavour - Support Sheffield!

Merged into the pre-existing thread. Please search before starting a new thread.

Ahh, his full article and review of the flavours is up on the Guardian website now.

The man's a genius!

I still want to try them all despite his descriptions though! I think that makes me a bit wrong...

:loopy:

ha! Well we tried them all last night eh?

Onion Bhaji - not strong enough

Builder's breakfast - the nicest but don't smell them. They smell like the sort of trumps you are quite proud of.

Cajun Squirrel Brooker's review says it all.

Duck - possibly the nicest ones now i've tried them again.

Chilli and Choc.... Awful.... really bland and tasteless.

Still not found the fish ones -- went to handsworth asda to look yesterday too.

ha! Well we tried them all last night eh?

We did indeed - thanks for bringing them along! I've located the Fish & Chip ones in the newsagents at work, so now here are my conclusive results, in preference order

1) Fish & Chips - lovely, you can taste fish, batter, potato, vinegar and I think a bit of bread and butter... it's like a really good fish cake butty!

1) Builders Breakfast - not as eggy as Charlie Brooker made out, you can taste the bacon, tomato sauce and toast. Joint favourite.

2) Duck & Hoisin - nice enough, but the flavour's a bit too weak. Walkers should have taken more inspiration from the flavours they use in their Sensations crackers.

3) Onion Bhaji - again, inoffensive, but too bland. They just tasted like the Spring Onion flavour ones they used to do, but with the mildest (almost indistinguishable) hint of curry.

4) Chilli & Chocolate - great idea, unfortunately the chocolate doesn't really come through and they taste a bit vinegary! I could pick up a flavour a bit like ketchup! Not nice.

5) Cajun Squirrel - yuk, yuk, yuk, nasty stale spice taste. Repulsive.

Bad luck Jane from Sheffield - it was announced earlier this week that the winner was "Builder's Bumcrack" or whatever they're called.

Story here.

Well lets be honest, Fish and Chips was hardly an imaginative choice, was it?

In a public vote it surely needs to be more about popularity rather than imagination?

It was a close run thing - the winner got 230,ooo votes, "our Jane" 220,000. Such a shame.

Bad luck Jane from Sheffield - it was announced earlier this week that the winner was "Builder's Bumcrack" or whatever they're called.

Story here.

It just shows that people have no taste whatsoever. All those crisps taste of is powdered egg, in fact there's a funny sketch in the back of Viz magazine where Johnny Fartpants gets a job flavouring Builders Breakfast crisps by guffing into them :hihi:

Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar 'Kettle Chips' are proper crisps.

Im sorry to say the Fish and Chips where too much like scampi fries or prawn cocktail crisps and I hate them make me feel sick!

Best 3 where Onion Bhaji, Builders Breakfast and Duck & Hoi Sin

Oh yes and I can understand the spirit of pro-sheffield but the point of the competition was to vote for the best flavour!

I did buy it and try it, but I forgot to vote. :hihi:

Should have done Hendersons flavour

I had a look at the over hyped Hendersons Relish crisps today at Morrisons,

10% bag

10% crisps

80% air

In my book thats 100% bobbar :rolleyes:

How parochial, QUOTE]

If you can't be parochial on your local forum where can you be?

How parochial, QUOTE]

If you can't be parochial on your local forum where can you be?

Absolutely, G!