Walkers Crisps New Flavour - Support Sheffield!

Bought 5/6 flavours today at Rotherham Asda.

Have tried the builders breakfast - nice! and the squirrel - blah, taste like the old chicken ones.

Will pass on the verdict on the others once tasted.

The flavour i didn't get was bizarrely the fish and chip one - none left!

I like Charlie Brooker's reviews on his Twitter feed:

"Right. Have tasted crisps. Now for 2nd tasting to prove to myself they're as bad as I thought. I will now describe them one by one.

1) Fish & Chips: like kissing someone who's recently guzzled a plate of scampi. Midway through they belch in your mouth.

2) Builder's Breakfast: stale fried egg flavour, basically. Tastes like a kitchen smells five hours after a fry-up. Depressing.

3) Onion Bhaji: the most convincing entry. But it tastes watered-down; like a lame TV movie about onion bhajis broadcast on your tongue.

4) Cajun Squirrel: a tiny cat piping hot farts through a pot-pourri pouch into your mouth. No detectable meat. Maybe just Squirrel Blood?

5) Crispy Duck: inoffensive, but not great. Like roast chicken crisps, assuming the chicken had been killed with a sugar hammer. Bit parsnippy.

6) Chilli & Choc: s**t & battery acid, more like. A boring lunatic with halitosis explains the smell of charred wood to your tastebuds."

Does anyone know where they're selling them, can't find them anywhere?

Our house sat down to a six course lunch today....in the interests of fairness we even cleansed our pallet in between!

If anyone would like to try the Fish & Chips flavour they can come and help themselves, we could not finish them, way too much vinegar! Sorry Jane from Sheffield :(

The Builders bum, Onion Bhaji, and CrispyDuck have been polished off :)

...Do you think Jane from Sheffield drew a family portrait for her inspiration picture, is she the blonde maybe???

I know it's a long way from you, but I have seen them in the market at Crystal Peaks, on the stall that sells sweets, cigs, papers etc.

The Total petrol station on Carlise Street has them

The Total petrol station on Carlise Street has them

Thankyou monkey lover & RTC

Had a packet of Builders Breakfast today in Malin,taste like bacon and eggs and well nice

The fish and chips are horrid, no one in our house could eat them.

I like Charlie Brooker's reviews on his Twitter feed

Ahh, his full article and review of the flavours is up on the Guardian website now.

The man's a genius!

I still want to try them all despite his descriptions though! I think that makes me a bit wrong...

:loopy:

We tried the Fish & Chips one last night, they're horrible :/ Threw half the packet in the bin and have got 5 left in the cupboard that will never be eaten!

The Chilli & Chocolate is my favourite, OH likes Builders Breakfast.