Ronnie Crookes

Ronnie also worked as bouncer at central ballroom Attercliffe in the early 60's

Does anyone remember him, he was the doorman at the Penny Farthing in the 60s often wondered what happenned to him
just been reading the KNUCKLE HEADS thread HOBSON CRYCH MORGAN big hitters :hihi:not one of them would tackle Ronnie Crookes another very hard man was called Greatorix used to drink with his brother Ron greatorix in Huntsman pub cant remember his first name but he was a great bloke always stood his round....And could take a joke unlike some:roll:

to say all the hard men like dennis hobson,kenny roberts,keirran brown,and my uncle henry jenkinson were scared of ronnie crookes is crazy.he was not bad but not as indicted to be feared to that extent.i think he also fought at the granville road fair when if you went 3rounds you got paid.

to say all the hard men like dennis hobson,kenny roberts,keirran brown,and my uncle henry jenkinson were scared of ronnie crookes is crazy.he was not bad but not as indicted to be feared to that extent.i think he also fought at the granville road fair when if you went 3rounds you got paid.
never said they were scared of ron but they had respect for each other and kept their distance...

Ron Greatorixs brother was Albert, both Ron and Albert, plus Rons boozing partner Eric Strut, used to work with me now and again at KTG. Albert was a real gentalman,!.

Ron Greatorixs brother was Albert, both Ron and Albert, plus Rons boozing partner Eric Strut, used to work with me now and again at KTG. Albert was a real gentalman,!.

Albert sadly died last year after a long illness what a gent.

YEARS AGO IN the huntsman pub Ron used to tell some right stories had us in stitches Eric Strutt wernt a bad bloke either lived near me on linsey ave..not seen any of them two for 20 yrs or more both good blokes deep down.

Erics brother Archie was my uncle, Archie married one of my dads sisters, Phylis, thats when they all lived down Carbrook, on Webster St. they all used to booze in the Industry, next to the B & C Co-op on Carbrook St. Len Platts was another boozing partner of theirs. I guess Eric and Sadie must have moved up to Lindsay Cres from Webster st.

Erics brother Archie was my uncle, Archie married one of my dads sisters, Phylis, thats when they all lived down Carbrook, on Webster St. they all used to booze in the Industry, next to the B & C Co-op on Carbrook St. Len Platts was another boozing partner of theirs. I guess Eric and Sadie must have moved up to Lindsay Cres from Webster st.

been told Eric lives in chapletown now ,,,

Steve Crookes just like his Dad, top lad....

hiya i first knew eric ludlam when he lived in monmouth street, and later in headford street, he lived just a spit away from jack hudson in fact in the same yard this was in the 40s and 50s, also when eric worked at laycocks on a stamping machine, another name from our neck of the woods was a kid called neil hawcroft i heard he was a good boxer, his dad earnest ( sonny) was a good darts player.on an earlier post i said about eric ludlam boxing at a circus sideshow when chipperfields was on what is now devonshire green, i said i'd seen him with another boxer now i wonder if it was ronnie crookes.