Southey Hill Bus Gate

who cares about emissions ,we need whats best for the car and removing this obstruction is a good start

True, but no council wants to actually want to INCREASE emissions and risk being spanked by central goverment do they :hihi::hihi:

True, but no council wants to actually want to INCREASE emissions and risk being spanked by central goverment do they :hihi::hihi:

But removing the bus gate will cut emissions. I once got to the bus gate not knowing it was there and had to turn round and go through the estate meaning instead of going in a straight line I had to go back turn left, turn left, then turn left again to get to the other side of the gate.:loopy:

But removing the bus gate will cut emissions. I once got to the bus gate not knowing it was there and had to turn round and go through the estate meaning instead of going in a straight line I had to go back turn left, turn left, then turn left again to get to the other side of the gate.:loopy:

exactly removing it could mean a half mile saved in driving ,hence less emissions .

exactly removing it could mean a half mile saved in driving ,hence less emissions .

I know thats what I said :hihi::hihi:

common sense and the council dont exactly go hand in hand though

Still, don't let the facts get in the way of a nice rant.

Dont worry this is sheffield forum where facts are ignored if it means you can have a rant

everyone drives through it anyway -its pointless being there

About 6 months ago we were on the bus going through the gate when a car came the other way, the bus driver wouldn't reverse the bus so the driver got out of his car and said "F ing reverse the bus" the driver explained it was a gate but the car driver was having none of it, he said "F ing reverse this bus or I'll drag you F ing off it" anyway after a bit of argy bargy the driver reversed!

It was announced last night at the Area Panel meeting that the bus gate at Southey Hill would be de-regulated by the end of March 2009. Local residents will be getting information regarding this; apparently the Dryden rat-run was instrumental. It may take time but it shows the council can be moved eventually where common sense prevails.

It was announced last night at the Area Panel meeting that the bus gate at Southey Hill would be de-regulated by the end of March 2009. Local residents will be getting information regarding this; apparently the Dryden rat-run was instrumental. It may take time but it shows the council can be moved eventually where common sense prevails.

its long over due - but i dare say speed humps will appear in its place, knowing how fond sheffield council is of any obsticle it can place on our roads.