Southey Hill Bus Gate

Anyone else going to the meeting at Foxhill tomorrow? I may have to work but would like an update if anybody can help!

Emergency services vehicles are exempt from such restrictions, so they are using it quite legitimately.

yea there exempt from alot of things

Emergency services vehicles are exempt from such restrictions, so they are using it quite legitimately.
I don't believe that is correct unless there on a call there restricted to the same laws as the rest of us.:huh:

I don't believe that is correct unless there on a call there restricted to the same laws as the rest of us.:huh:

I have read the traffic regulation orders which spells out exactly who can and can't use these things. Emergency services can use them irrespective of whether they are attending a "shout" or not.

I go up that way quite alot and it seems to me that no one takes any notice of the bus gate anyway :|

I drove through it a couple of times today (which I'm allowed to do in my works vehicle) every time I've had to wait for cars coming through. I don't understand why its there in the first place :loopy:

I drove through it a couple of times today (which I'm allowed to do in my works vehicle) every time I've had to wait for cars coming through. I don't understand why its there in the first place :loopy:

there is no need for it at all. it dont serve any purpose

Everyone I have spoken to has stated that this Bus Gate is pointless. Surely the Council should be intelligent enough to listen to the general public. Oh wait!! Thats a bit of a no brainer. Council never listen to the General Public!! The Bus Gate is a nuisance and approx 25% of drivers take notice of the signs. Why not just get rid of it and avoid the possibility of a child being killed on Dryden by speeding cars trying to cover a larger distance in the same amount of time? Any ideas on how this should be raised as a high priority issue as obviously the councillors don't care about the North of Sheffield. If this Bus Gate was situated in the South of Sheffield it would have been removed years ago.

Everyone I have spoken to has stated that this Bus Gate is pointless. Surely the Council should be intelligent enough to listen to the general public. Oh wait!! Thats a bit of a no brainer. Council never listen to the General Public!! The Bus Gate is a nuisance and approx 25% of drivers take notice of the signs. Why not just get rid of it and avoid the possibility of a child being killed on Dryden by speeding cars trying to cover a larger distance in the same amount of time? Any ideas on how this should be raised as a high priority issue as obviously the councillors don't care about the North of Sheffield. If this Bus Gate was situated in the South of Sheffield it would have been removed years ago.

thats very very very true:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats the problem with our council/government, they don't listen to its people

Thats the problem with our council/government, they don't listen to its people

have they ever ?

if they got rid of it they would only replace it with speed humps anyway

knowing the bus gate, and the route around it through a residential area, i would have thought that there is a VERY strong case if you went down the increased car emissions route, as you are effectivly pushing vehicle emissions into a residential area, and thats not good for kids or adults, coupled with the increased petrol usage, now what you would call very carbon friendly of the council is it...mind you..i dont think that they are in general anyway :loopy::loopy:

knowing the bus gate, and the route around it through a residential area, i would have thought that there is a VERY strong case if you went down the increased car emissions route, as you are effectivly pushing vehicle emissions into a residential area, and thats not good for kids or adults, coupled with the increased petrol usage, now what you would call very carbon friendly of the council is it...mind you..i dont think that they are in general anyway :loopy::loopy:

who cares about emissions ,we need whats best for the car and removing this obstruction is a good start