Chatsworth Walk 1st February 2009

Hi all and thanks for a good day out.

Looks like I missed a really good walk.

The photos were really good ,as always :thumbsup:

Great photos, Taxman, looks like you had a gorgeous day!!!!

But.......

Where's all the Snow????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Great Walk

Great Company

Great Views

Great Photos

Great organization, Front, middle & rear

Bye eck that bloody beer was cold.wunt it ?

Thanks everyone see you soon.

Pops

Hi Guys and Gals,

What a Wonderful way to spend a lazy Sunday in the company of a great group of people enjoying a wonderful day in the Derbyshire countryside.

It wasn't all that cold either, though the light snow while we were eating lunch was unusual, though it did make for a scenic picture.

I hope all the newcomers enjoyed themselves and that we'll see you all again.

Scoobz, all the rules made it easier as a whole so well done to you and the other leaders and monitors.

Wearing uniforms???? I never wore one at college so I'm not starting now.

See you all again soon.

Enjoyed the Chatsworth walk a lot yesterday. So much so that I fancy doing it again with one of my lads. Does anyone have the route written down? If I try and remember it I'm bound to get lost !

Enjoyed the Chatsworth walk a lot yesterday. So much so that I fancy doing it again with one of my lads. Does anyone have the route written down? If I try and remember it I'm bound to get lost !

Now you're asking something! It's almost 2 years since we first did that walk, so the memory is a bit hazy regarding where we got it from, but I'll see what I can do :)

Hi Guys and Girls just wanted to say i ummed and arred about weather to come on this one just because of the distance involved very glad that me and mum did join you though, im getting into this now and can't imagen doing any thing else with my sundays now, im using my son's laptop again as my pc needs some attention don't suppose there are any computer wizz kids amongst you lot are there ? any how see you all on sunday.

Edited by Daremedo

I think we got the walk from the AA, but I've just been on their website to look for it and found that it looks like they've altered it slightly, starting and ending the walk at Edensor instead of Baslow. If you check the walk out though on http://www.theaa.com/travel/details/walk/420852 you can use their new route, and amend it to the one we went on yesterday quite easily. Why don't you print it off and bring it with you next Sunday, and I'll go through it with you.

I really felt the cold today especially when we stopped for a lunch break, but I just closed my eyes and imagined I was on a beach in the Caribbean with the tropical sun setting....... and I'm really looking forward to someone posting the picture of that!

http://picasaweb.google.com/zebedee.zoe/Walks2009#5298540775066949186

:)

Tell you what Zippy, it's a good job we're not trying to reruit new people to come walking with us cos that photo would do for us what Gerald Ratner did for his jewellry when he described it as "crap".

That is one to promote the Euthanasia movement that's for sure :loopy: