Music Thread (with videos)

Once more, with feeling

I discovered/re-discovered Wondrous by Captain recently and now an Album that never got released including 4 bonus tracks - epic:

I tentatively thought of Prefab Sprout when listening to this and on searching for updates on the band, I saw critic references to Prefab Sprout. Sadly their lead guitarist died of Cancer in 2016. They are in the throes of a new album for bandcamp - can't wait to hear!

On 07/01/2021 at 20:14, swarfendor437 said:

Nice one wearysmith - I can hear the Roy Wood sound.

And now for something completely different. From my Ministry of Sounds I❤️80s triple CD collection (1979):

and 25 years later live still as good in 2004!

Talking of Horn, here's another great piece of production by him.

Clearly Jon Anderson wasn't meant for the MTV video age. He looks stilted and uncomfortable. Marvellous song though. Great to see Tony Kaye back with them. This particular line-up should have done more together.

Now time for some excellent synth wave:

Edited by swarfendor437

Heard today that Hilton Valentine from the Animals has died RIP. 

He was the one who composed House of the Rising Sun and played the famous guitar riff. 

The song which was a great success at the time of release, here and in the USA,  is now regarded as a great classic. 

9 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Heard today that Hilton Valentine from the Animals has died RIP. 

He was the one who composed House of the Rising Sun and played the famous guitar riff. 

The song which was a great success at the time of release, here and in the USA,  is now regarded as a great classic. I e

I echo the sentiment - RIP Hilton Valentine. Eric Burden was also a great influence on both sides of the pond. Thanks for sharing the sad news.

3 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

I echo the sentiment - RIP Hilton Valentine. Eric Burden was also a great influence on both sides of the pond. Thanks for sharing the sad news.

3 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

Eric Burden was a good singer. I also like the sound of Alan Price playing  the organ music, I think that too probably  contributed to the song's appeal and influence. 

Edited by janie48

I wonder why my reply double posted? tried to correct.

Hoping  a Mod will fix it if possible.