Shouldn't have gone to Specsavers!

I don't agree with this at all. I'm sure the people at the eye clinic know their stuff a lot more than the person that was employed by specsavers. Surely sending her to the eye clinic is pretty much saying this is out of our league? We spend everyday with our daughter and would know if her eyesight was that bad. Therefore the 10 minute exam was a lot more efficient that that done by the person at specsavers.

As I said in my earlier post, there is every possibility that the person in the eye clinic was no more qualified than the person at specsavers, they just happen to be working in the eye clinic rather than a practice.

All I'm trying to say is that the decision of one individual may not necessarily reflect the capabilities of the whole company. Does one doctor's incorrect diagnosis mean that you would never use that hospital again? After all, that doctor is employed by the hospital. If the optometrist at Specsavers was a locum you may encounter them again at another practice, or if they change their employment.

Referral to the eye clinic is often routine as required by legislation, or for investigation that is not possible in a practice for various reasons, and absolutely not simply because it is out of their league.

only 3 visits here. but same senario.

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 19:50 ----------

Thats what I am going to do from now on then!

Have I got to spell it all out again then?

Think u need your eyes testing..The store name before big W Was Homeworld and i did say old Homeworld store...Specsavers are still there and are nothing to do with the Rotherham store :rolleyes:

Specsavers was never in Homeworld at Catcliffe ever, if you ring and ask for Emma one of the senior staff she would probably confirm this.

The staff however did move to the rotherham store while the new unit was put up next to morrisons.

I hope this clarifies this banal matter.

I used to go to specsavers ,never been happy with the service so I went to ASDA ,the best eye test I have ever had ,just today I have recieved my two pair of glasses for £157 .00 ,fantastic ,they are the best glasses that I have had ,everything is so clear ,fit perfect ,I will never go back to specsavers who do have a system of getting people in and out very quick without proper checks and I dont think the eye tests are very good .

i've been going to specsavers in hillsborough for about 4 years now - first time i went the optician/optometrist/whatever spent ages looking at one of my eyes and eventually said there was something of concern that their equipment wasn't strong enough to show clearly (i'm paraphrasing, but the gist of it was that the hospital's equipment was better for things out of the ordinary)

i went to the hospital and was told that all the optician/optometrist/whatever should do is refer them to the hospital if there is any concern - luckily in my case it was nothing serious

i've been back to specsavers a couple of times since and can't fault them

If all you need is reading glasses go to Tesco and try theirs until you find a pair that's right for you.

They're about £5.

This isnt just "a mate of mine" story its perfectly true, a very good friend bought glasses from Specsavers on Pinstone St early last year, while watching t.V. last week one of the arms just dropped off, he returned to Specsavers for them to repair, the outcome you just couldnt make up, they put a completely different arm on, he looked like someone out of a comedy sketch after we pointed out the mess they made he DID go back and got them repared properly.

I have a pair of glasses I bought 15 years ago, they cost about three times as much as the Specsaver ones, but are still going strong, I use these for jobs involving tools etc. and they are frequently dumped in my pocket. I had a pair of Specsaver glasses that lasted under a year, do the maths.

As I said in my earlier post, there is every possibility that the person in the eye clinic was no more qualified than the person at specsavers, they just happen to be working in the eye clinic rather than a practice.

All I'm trying to say is that the decision of one individual may not necessarily reflect the capabilities of the whole company. Does one doctor's incorrect diagnosis mean that you would never use that hospital again? After all, that doctor is employed by the hospital. If the optometrist at Specsavers was a locum you may encounter them again at another practice, or if they change their employment.

Referral to the eye clinic is often routine as required by legislation, or for investigation that is not possible in a practice for various reasons, and absolutely not simply because it is out of their league.

The important difference here is that the person in Specsavers has a very strong incentive to diagnose a sight problem and prescribe glasses, than an independant optician in a clinic.

Hence the ridiculous situation that glasses get prescribed to small children who end up dependent on them for the rest of their life, when in all probability they never ever needed them.

im needing my eyes tested again im normally with D&A but was thinking of goin to specsavers but not sure wether to now.. does any1 recommend a good optician other than the 1s ive stated ?

im needing my eyes tested again im normally with D&A but was thinking of goin to specsavers but not sure wether to now.. does any1 recommend a good optician other than the 1s ive stated ?

Just a reminder that D&A is now owed by Boots the Chemist and the D&A brand is being phased out.