Shouldn't have gone to Specsavers!

:hihi:I had eye test done at specsavers at old homeworld store just off parkway where morrisons is over 4 years ago and they said my left eye had got worse (even though my eye sight been same for 25 yrs) After only an hr of wearing new glasses was getting banging headache so phoned em to be told same (need to get used to em) I went back day after explaining eye sight never changed over past 25 yrs so he did another eye test and low and behold my eye gets better returning to my original script...I would never use them again at that store and now use Specsavers in Rotherham town centre who are really good..I keep getting reminders from the other one even though i have phoned them and told them i have been useing other stall in Rotherham...I still get letters from them telling me my eye test is overdue and if i drive i maybe driving with bad eye sight (what a joke) they are franchises and now the letters just get binned as i know when my next eye test is due.

:hihi:I had eye test done at specsavers at old homeworld store just off parkway where morrisons is over 4 years ago and they said my left eye had got worse (even though my eye sight been same for 25 yrs) After only an hr of wearing new glasses was getting banging headache so phoned em to be told same (need to get used to em) I went back day after explaining eye sight never changed over past 25 yrs so he did another eye test and low and behold my eye gets better returning to my original script...I would never use them again at that store and now use Specsavers in Rotherham town centre who are really good..I keep getting reminders from the other one even though i have phoned them and told them i have been useing other stall in Rotherham...I still get letters from them telling me my eye test is overdue and if i drive i maybe driving with bad eye sight (what a joke) they are franchises and now the letters just get binned as i know when my next eye test is due.

Your eyes must be bad, it was never in homeworld it was in the big W. The staff moved to the rotherham store from catcliffe while the prefeb was being made ready at the side of Morrisons and you never noticed none of this. Reminder to me, do not accept lift in car lol.

Just got some new specs from Specsavers at Catcliffe (in Morrisons carpark). Delighted with the examination & eye test, price, helpfulness and courtesy of staff, speed of delivery, and my new specs. All in all a good experience and I will certainly be using them again.

Martin Johnsons on Hillsborough, you can't beat em.

Very thorough , reliable and friendly.

I've been wearing glasses since I was six and used a number of opticians. I believe Specsavers at Crystal Peaks are very good and very thorough with the actual sight test - my mother has glaucoma, so I have a yearly sight test and it takes a good 45 minutes, including peripheral vision test and digital retinal photography. I was, however, absolutely disgusted with their assistance when it came to fitting new frames recently. I chose, for the first time, a pair with the nose pads as an integral part of the frame, ie, without nose pads on an adjustable "stalk". It wasn't pointed out to me that as I have a rather narrow bridge to my nose that these wouldn't be suitable - they wouldn't stay up in place at all and as I had varifocal lenses for the first time I couldn't get used to them at all because my poor eyes were all over the place as the glasses were sliding down, being pushed up again, sliding down, being pushed up again, etc, etc. I had blinding headaches and felt "sea sick". I took them back and was told, no problem, we'll change them. I chose different frames and explained the problems to a different assistant who was supposed to helping me, getting the measurements, etc - she made me feel as though I was being "picky" and finished by saying "I'll fit them for you now then they'll be perfect when you collect them". When I collected them, they were naturally fitted again (not surprisingly since the frames have got to be handled to get the lenses in, which must surely "jiggle" the frames about). I then had them re-fitted again three times in the next ten days and, every time, they were then falling down my nose again within five minutes. I gave up, gave them back and got a refund - got a great pair from Vision Express and, guess what, they don't fall down! It's wonderful!

Specsavers have been good for me apart from the odd episode when deciding between contacts and reading glasses for close work and I still can't resolve my close reading problem. However Specsavers have supported me all the way at no cost and continue to provide free lenses while I trial various options.

Spec heads at Crystal Peks are by far the best IMHO. I wear super duper 'pebble' glasses (the ones that serial killers wear in films) and the staff are always trying to edge me away from my retro look. I cannot fault them.

We've had a number of problems with SpecSavers at Crystal Peaks and our youngest daughter's glasses. In the end we went to the one at Catcliffe and they sorted everything out first time. The staff were surprisingly negative with their views of the Crystal Peaks branch.

Your eyes must be bad, it was never in homeworld it was in the big W. The staff moved to the rotherham store from catcliffe while the prefeb was being made ready at the side of Morrisons and you never noticed none of this. Reminder to me, do not accept lift in car lol.

Think u need your eyes testing..The store name before big W Was Homeworld and i did say old Homeworld store...Specsavers are still there and are nothing to do with the Rotherham store :rolleyes:

I can only assume your eyes have got no better since the 5/12/2012. I only opened this post to see why it had been resurrected, you are still wrong but I am flattered lol.

We've had a number of problems with SpecSavers at Crystal Peaks and our youngest daughter's glasses. In the end we went to the one at Catcliffe and they sorted everything out first time. The staff were surprisingly negative with their views of the Crystal Peaks branch.

In what way?