The Entreprenette

Does anyone else keep getting e-mails from this woman, Jo Barnes, with attached 'inspirational' interviews with the likes of Toby Foster, the chairman of Sheffield Chamber of Commerce, and er... herself? And of course advertising her wonderful make-your-dreams-come-true seminar next week (only 100 places available at £27 a ticket, two sittings, = £5400; not bad for a day's work).

Anyone know her? She may be completely genuine, but she's already on my list for the Most Irritating Woman of the Year award and we're only half way through January.

People like Jo Barnes always remind me of the snake oil salesman in old westerns.

Edited by websters gue
link no longer valid

With the collapse of property prices, one wonders if she can still claim to be a millionaire?

Edited by galaxy86

Let's not go overboard here:

She is trying to make money.

End of.

Presumably she can't make money from property any more and is trying this instead.

I do wonder whether she's the local millionaire that was behind that thread where they were looking for some workshy family from the Manor or other disadvantaged area to live with a millionaire for a week or something (can't find the thread now but you'll probably know the one I mean).

Hi There,

I work for Jo Barnes and she is a very genuine person. She has recently set up her new business The Entreprenette and is looking to inspire people to set up their own businesses and help them along the way. She is trying to promote her business the best way she knows how!

If you are not interested please either just delete the e-mails.. or look at the bottom of the e-mail.... i do believe that you can unsubscribe!

Are these emails opted in, if not then they are 100% pure spam.

I successfully charged a spammer I identified £10 per email after proving that I had not opted in to receive the junk they were sending me.

Well, they are spam, and I'd be interested to know where she got the e-mail addresses from. Perhaps galaxy86 can tell us!

Actually I don't mind getting the e-mails too much (I get so much other rubbish that one more or less doesn't make a lot of difference), and I've even listened to a couple of the interviews, but I just find her a bit irritatingly over the top when it comes to enthusiasm. It's an interesting venture (especially given the timing) but I don't think she has anything useful to tell me. I mean, her boast is that she bought a million pounds worth of property or whatever, but I'm sure she did it by borrowing the money, which isn't really going to be a viable option for anyone in the current climate.

Are these emails opted in, if not then they are 100% pure spam.

I successfully charged a spammer I identified £10 per email after proving that I had not opted in to receive the junk they were sending me.

I'm sure a lot of us would be interested in hearing the details of how you did that :)

I'm sure a lot of us would be interested in hearing the details of how you did that :)

Mmm! maybe he could email us with details of his money making scheme:hihi::D

I also want to help people set up their own businesses and mentor them through the start up process because I have successfully done the same thing. However I do it for free. I find things you have to pay for, such as this, are often providing information that you could easily get for free. Business link advertise lots of free talks and seminars that will be helpful, for example Michelle Mone has given talks twice over the past year in South Yorkshire, she is an amazing speaker.......

Mmm! maybe he could email us with details of his money making scheme:hihi::D
charge everyone 27pound for each e mail on how to do it :hihi: