Could we ever have a black Prime Minister?

I thought we'd already had one? Winston Churchill anyone?

WHAT?!?!?!

So you are happy for a black prime minister just so we can prove were not racist?

Jesus...lol i hope you arent old enough to vote!

My names is not jesus and yes, im old enough to vote:D

I also didnt expect anyone to take my sarcastic comment seriously.

WHAT?!?!?!

I think its richs attempt at humour.

Hes associating the name Winston with a black man.

As I wait to watch the live Inauguration of Barack Obama on tv, I was wondering if the time will ever come when we have a black Prime Minister of England ? What are your thoughts on this ?

I think it would be harder for a party to accept a Black leader than for the nation to vote in a Black PM !

C

I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people, we had a Women PM and a don’t recall her going out of her way to help women so what to the black American expect from a “black” president

I think we just yearn for a politician who we can trust to lead an honest, open and prudent government; whose only answer to any problem is not to throw billions of our money at it; and who remembers that we are their masters, not the other way round.

If we found someone like that we wouldn't care what his/her colour/background is.

At least that's what I would hope.

Exactly

The colour of ones skin is far less important than the persons integrity.

Person specification for the job of PM

A good Father/Mother/Husband/Wife

Good oratory skills

Life experience (from all backgrounds)

A passion for human rights and equality

An understanding of disability issues.

Empathy and understanding

An ability to bring people together

Calm and assertive

Charismatic

Organised

Tolerant

An ability to get on with others

Budgeting and planning skills

Anyone fit the bill here in the UK??

I just worry that certain MPs such as Keith Vaz have in the past been accused of favouring foreiners.

It would not be good for Britain if our policies were vectored towards favouring other nations.

Similarly the pressure on a Muslim PM to alter UK policy would be extreme.

Could we ever have a black Prime Minister?

Yes.

Next question please.

England suppose to be the most tolerant place in the world when it comes to racial discrimination, so I can see it coming in the future.

actually, the pc brigade would have it that the first black prime minister would be - a black female, half blind asylum seeker. just to tick all the boxes.

who cares the colour? just as long as they are the best person for the job (and the world knows how England needs a leader who's not affraid of offending anyone if the country is to move forward)

the whole world is racist... when will we see a white / black man elected in china? to govern over the chinese majority?

every nation is racist, its in our genes. relativly speaking the UK is not racist at all. why dont you go to africa or some other non white country and see what racism is mr "blame the white man for everything". you would probably just justify their racism against you by blaming white people as a whole for the actions of previous generations of "white people". your a jack ass

we dont need a black prime minister, we need new political parties who will actually give a **** about the people. i see nothing new in barack obama, he is a cheap imitation of JFK... and im sick of people mentioning the fact hes black... hes mixed race!!!! as were 6 other presidents in american history.

somebody tell the media we have eyes, and can see hes not "white".

ffs!!!!!! i cant wait til people see there will be no change

the whole world is racist... when will we see a white / black man elected in china? to govern over the chinese majority?

every nation is racist, its in our genes. relativly speaking the UK is not racist at all. why dont you go to africa or some other non white country and see what racism is mr "blame the white man for everything". you would probably just justify their racism against you by blaming white people as a whole for the actions of previous generations of "white people". your a jack ass

we dont need a black prime minister, we need new political parties who will actually give a **** about the people. i see nothing new in barack obama, he is a cheap imitation of JFK... and im sick of people mentioning the fact hes black... hes mixed race!!!! as were 6 other presidents in american history.

somebody tell the media we have eyes, and can see hes not "white".

ffs!!!!!! i cant wait til people see there will be no change

The black thing will calm down but is worthy of the recognition it's currently getting when you think that BO has had to work a damn sight harder for many of his votes that will have come from certain sections (previously / still) uncomfortable with such things......

There has already been change!! (and you say you have eyes!) :rolleyes: