Sky box keeps going on standby

For the last few days after my sky box has been on for (guessing) four hours or so a message comes up on screeen saying "Sky digital box about to go on standby, press back up to cancel". This means I cannot record anything more than 4 hours in advance (eg overnight) as the box switches itself to standby! I have certainly not set this up as a default, would not know how. I tried the old trick of turning the box off at the plug, in the hope it would clear this strange default setting, but to no avail. Any ideas how to fix this?

All sky boxes go into standyby by default at around 1 - 2am. You can still record while your box is in standby.

Its meant to be a new 'green' initiative from sky.

Is it a Thomson SkyBox by any chance? It happened to me ... its a firmware update they have sent out. You stop it by going to 'services' and turning off 'auto standby' Mine goes onto standby after two hours of inactivity, but comes back on the minute you press your sky remote

All sky boxes go into standyby by default at around 1 - 2am. You can still record while your box is in standby.

Its meant to be a new 'green' initiative from sky.

Its a bit silly to have a green initiative, but don't let its user know about it!

Brilliant Sky!

I've worked out by myself, after days thinking I might have a faulty box, that you need to go to the "sevices "menu, and then select "auto standby to off".

It's a silly idea anyway since there are many occassions when I view a single channel without switching over, this makes the Sky box think I'm not watching...but I am.

I wonder who thought up this idea.....a five year old?:mad:

Thanks. Mine went to standby about 8pm on Saturday (I was out and wanted to record the boxing on ITV4) and it did not record. So it is not just the 1am-2am suggestion above. But I will fiddle with Services etc. Thanks again.