Anyone remember the band - Wolf J Flywheel?

does anyone remember a rock and roll band called wolf j flywheel, although based in rotherham perfomed at almost all sheffields working mens clubs and nightclubs ie Baileys, Crazy Daizy. they were around in mid/late seventies.

I remember Wolf J Flywheel on the clubs.

They were a popular group guarrenteed to fill the place.

I remember the lead singer with the bushy sideburns and tash.

Re: Wolf J Flywheel

My husband played bass with them for a while - Martin Brown.

Caz

hi caz, its gary clarke i was the drummer, i know you from a couple of years ago one of my sons was in wincobank infants the same time as one of your children. it's a pity really that only the band members remember flywheel, say hi to martin. gary

Hey up Gary, havent seen you in ages. martin read your reply and says "Hi" . He says many people he has spoken to in the club circuit recently still go on about the band. Cliff Matthews has retired from his entertainment agency and his son is running it (Karl). Martin gigging at Firth Park WMC on 20th May if you fancy a night out (Smokestack). And also at Mailcoach in Rotherham on 18th May. Nice to hear from you.

Caz

we would love to come, babysitter permitting, we have just had another baby <boy> he's 5 months. you will have to let me know of some other dates also.

Hi Gary

30th June The White Lion at Heeley. Hope to see you at one of the gigs

Caz & Martin

Hey up Gary, havent seen you in ages. martin read your reply and says "Hi" . He says many people he has spoken to in the club circuit recently still go on about the band. Cliff Matthews has retired from his entertainment agency and his son is running it (Karl). Martin gigging at Firth Park WMC on 20th May if you fancy a night out (Smokestack). And also at Mailcoach in Rotherham on 18th May. Nice to hear from you.

Caz

was jack day the singer at some time ,i know cliff matthews was there he used to lice 2 streets down from me in rotherham

Hi Guys, I remember Wolf J Flywheel, I went to see them at the Wickersley WMC, I don't remember the date or year but I do know that they filled the place. Those were great times. Cheers all

Funny this topic should spark back into life, only the other day a friend said he'd seen them play in a battle of the bands contest at The Top Rank circa 1980. I'd only vaguely heard of them so gave You Tube a look and there they are in all their sideburned glory.

does anyone remember a rock and roll band called wolf j flywheel, although based in rotherham perfomed at almost all sheffields working mens clubs and nightclubs ie Baileys, Crazy Daizy. they were around in mid/late seventies.
Yes I saw them a load of times at the Smithywood club 1974-5 time I have even got one of there LPs somewhere, they did a good cover of Mc Auther park

When the R 'n' R revival was at it's peak it was great to see some of the originals such as Bill Haley, I think I saw him at the Fiesta in Sheffield, Jerry Lee Lewis, I'm not sure where I saw him and the Everly Brothers reunion concert at the Apollo theater Manchester.

As well as groups like Wolf J Flywheel, Crazy Cavan & The Rythem Rockers, Riot Rockers, Hayriders and the Sharpcuts.

Those were the days. Richard XH558