The Crown Inn, Totley - A Proper Pub!

The Crown re-opened tonight at 5:30, first impressions of the new landlord & landlady are good (Tony & Julie).

Have been in a few times of the past week or two. The landlord and landlady are both very nice and the place is back to being the welcoming country pub it should be. It's a bit quiet still, but once they replace the stolen kitchen and start serving food, business will improve I'm sure.

Went in last night, very nice and food should be back on Friday next. Good luck to Tony and Julie.

The Crown had its official opening last night. They had a buffet and good music. It is now back to its full glory, a great local. Tony and Julie deserve it to do well, and I have no business interest in the pub by the way. Just give it a try, the food is great too !

Glad its back up and running, who did they have playing?

There is no big makeover, the only change really is the bar has been replaced.

Tony and Julie are nice, friendly hosts, the beer is well kept and the food is good simple home cooking and very nice too!

Has the nutter of a landlord who gave short measures left then?

Sounds good. I liked the old copper topped bar though.

So did everyone - that's why it got stolen... :(

Yesterday I called at the Moorlands which is just up the hill from the Crown. They now have hanpulled ale available at £1.69/pint.

I wouldn't go in the Moorlands if it was free! Ghastly place. It amazes me where they get the low rent clientele from ... somebody throws a net over Netto and hauls them in.

Pretty sure the top went some time ago, the bar is more or less as it was but finished off better. The makeover has been done well because the character of the pub has not changed but there were things that needed sorting. A good excuse to try it !!

Called in the Crown at Totley on Saturday night for a drink. Really nice, welcoming pub with a good clientele. Prices not out of the way either. Not sure about allowing dogs in the pub during food service though?