Estate agent and lettings MEGATHREAD - No advertising in here

How do people.

I'm a letting agent at the moment - don't boo.

My current employer is trying to set themselves up as a different kind agent and want to build the business on reputation as much as anything else.

Speaking to the various customers I deal with I think we're on the right path and I do get a lot of good feedback.

Basically I'd like you guys to suggest anything you'd ideally like to see from your agent of choice.

I'm not on here selling our services and won't disclose who I work for.

It's a genuine effort to have an agency that people want to use.

Thanks in advance.

Also, feel free to ask for advice or any questions you may have. I help where I can.:)

One that answers the phones and sorts out problems quickly is usually the best place to start.

You gotta have a really good website as well, so many people find places online now and if it's a crap website they just won't bother.

Not taking the Michael with costs as well gets people interested.

I don't think it's rocket science.

Minimal voids periods via good marketing and realistic rent amounts

Reasonable charges especially for repairs/call outs

Ability to have a one stop shop eg insurance etc

Quick response to tenants so they stay

My lettings agent is generally very good at all the above. If I had more than one property I perhaps would look at doing some of the elements myself and would save money but with only one I prefer to have no hassle and have everything managed.

There's probably nothing surprising here!

Thanks guys.

Keep them coming.

We're already working on lots of the things mentioned above!

Google "Makeurmove" and review online agents. If it's a local agent you are dead set on Which Agent should be a great place to start.

Well I have had a lot of experience with various estate agents in Sheffield and most of them have been very disapointing however my partner and me have just sold our house through Key2go who have been spot on! All of the staff there and particularly Anna and Kitty are very professional and extremely efficient. They REALLY do seem to care about selling your property and go the extra mile to do so. Everything went very smoothly for us selling through key2go meaning that this process was as stress free as it could possibly be. I just can't recommend them highly enough as they really are a million miles away from all the other lazy, arrogant and greedy estate agents out there...and their prices are really very reasonable too! We will definitely be using them when we move again and so will all of my family and friends. Thank you ladies at Key2go we really do appreciate all of your hard work and very sound advice you have given us! Tasha & James

Belvoir (0845 260 4090) have been brilliant in my experience but you do need to check if they have experience in your area

Belvoir's standard Tenant Find only service costs £395 plus VAT. I think that's quite a lot. However, others can - and do - charge more.

hi im looking at putting my house up for sale never done it before as anybody dealt with keys to go agents and also want a good solicitor

Do not part with any keys until just before completion unless the Estate Agent is to conduct viewings on your behalf.