Estate agent and lettings MEGATHREAD - No advertising in here

Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have heard good things about 2Roost by others so I will give them a call.

Kindest regards

Blundells are often in breach of their own contracts and as a landlord I won a case against them because of it.

As a buyer/renter they ram properties down your throat with pushy sales people even when you are not interested and tell them so. I had to literally take my girlfriend by the hand and walk her out of the store in Chesterfield as she was being bullied into viewing a property she wasn't interested in.

Right now Im awaiting a response to a complaint I have against Reeds Rains.

When you pay such high fees you expect a good service. Unfortunately I have yet to experience that with any agent.

One I can say good things about although it wasn't for property reasons it was for advice on how to deal with the incredibly poor service at Blundells was Castle Estate Agents in Dronfield. I spoke to the MD and he graciously took time out of his lunch break to have a chat with me about my options with regards to my situation at the time.

Regarding letting a property, as I do, I used William H Brown to advertise and vet my tenants. Cant remember the fee involved, it was 'reasonable'. They drew up the agreement and continue to hold the bond. My current tenants have been in for two years and I manage the property myself (no paying £60 a month for an agent to do jack ****). In the two years they have been in I have not heard a peep from the tenants apart from to check my phone number was still valid. I've called them once in a while to check everything is ok with them and everything is fine. From experience I would manage the property yourself as it will save you massive amounts of money and you hardly have to do anything if your property is up to spec.

Edited by macboobs

I'm currently looking to sell my flat in the town centre, and trying to find an estate agent seems like a total mine-field. People keep telling me how rubbish they all are, are there any who are actually half decent?

So far the ones I've had round for valuations are:

- Belvoir

- Martin & Co

- Haybrooks

- William H Brown

I'd be grateful for any feedback from anyone who's used any of these. They've all valued my flat at the same amount but the fees vary hugely.

The more expensive ones (Haybrook & Belvoir) gave me all the spiel about superior advertising campaigns. However, given it's a normal city centre flat, which turn over quite often, I would think all I need is adverts on Rightmove and Zoopla and someone to do viewings for me, I really don't see the benefit of spending the extra money, is this naive of me?

Thanks.

I'm currently looking to sell my flat in the town centre, and trying to find an estate agent seems like a total mine-field. People keep telling me how rubbish they all are, are there any who are actually half decent?

So far the ones I've had round for valuations are:

- Belvoir

- Martin & Co

- Haybrooks

- William H Brown

I'd be grateful for any feedback from anyone who's used any of these. They've all valued my flat at the same amount but the fees vary hugely.

The more expensive ones (Haybrook & Belvoir) gave me all the spiel about superior advertising campaigns. However, given it's a normal city centre flat, which turn over quite often, I would think all I need is adverts on Rightmove and Zoopla and someone to do viewings for me, I really don't see the benefit of spending the extra money, is this naive of me?

Thanks.

I have my house on the market with 2Roost based in Swallownest very professional reasonable rates a couple you mentioned very good with the talk but not much action.

Evening All,

Currently going through the process of putting our house on the market, have had the house valued by Bloors, Reids Rain, WW Brown & Haybrooks.

Valuations all more or less identical (as expected) and the services offered are all more or less the same too.

Fees vary from 1% to just over 2% but I expect to be able to negotiate on this with the ones at the higher rates.

Any feedback on using these agent for house sales? (S9 bottom end of Handsworth if the area matters)

Haybrooks never answer the phone to buyers or sellers....this is from personal experience.

Whitehornes have just sold my daughters flat and seemed ok but charge plenty.

We had a very good experience with Saxton Mee but have heard other people say they didn't like them. We are in S35 and I know some agencies only cover certain areas so don't know if they cover S9.

I used 2roost, house sold in 3 days for more than I wanted and it only cost me £650 up front. People look on right move anyway and you do the selling, not the agent. They're all the same, just some give it the hard sell and try to justify the extortionate percentages they charge for doing the same thing as I paid for.

Haybrook are truely awful. We wasted 16 weeks trying to sell a previous home with these cowboys. Avoid at all costs.

We switched to Blundells and sold with ease.

Good luck!

Edited by Grenoside123
missed a word!

My mum just used Blundells, sold within 4 days of advertising

She tried for 9 weeks to get a viewing on a property Haybrooks have had on sale a year, but they never got back to her.

Hearing plenty of good stuff about Blunells, however been quoted pretty much £2k upon sale - what would be a reasonable amount to agre with them?

Is that a flat fee?

I've used them a few times and always agreed a percentage of sale price.

I thinks there's room for negotiation.