Estate agent and lettings MEGATHREAD - No advertising in here

Has anyone used Key2Go recently?

Would be interested to know your opinion of their service. Thanks.

I haven't personally but some friends just sold with them and they speak very highly of the service offered and the help given.

The most important thing to remember is that these days 80 to 90% of house sales are generated by Rightmove and Zoopla, see full thread on this here. That is to say it`s Rightmove or Zoopla (plus you, because it`s you who are probably showing them round) who are selling your house not the estate agent. Thus you want to use the cheapest method of getting on Rightmove/Zoopla, either an Online estate agent or a cheaper local estate agent, as of June 2016 Purple Homes will sell your house for about £750 (up front) or United Homes about £800 (up front). Both offer a local service for very little more than an Online estate agent. Rather surprisingly, for that price, both will still do viewings if necessary* .

Be realistic about the price you ask, it`s easy to check the prices of all the properties sold in your area for the last 15 years or so using Rightmove or Zoopla.

Personally I`d always pay any extra to have a floor plan, that was one of the first things we looked at on Rightmove when we were searching for a house.

Paying up front is much cheaper than a pay on completion sales package (though to be fair, with the latter, it`s often a no fee [or minimal fee] for no sale) so if you genuinely need to sell your house (not just "testing the market") make sure you choose an estate agent who offers cheaper up front payment. We chose to use Morfitt Smith (I didn`t know much about selling houses then.......) and they did not offer that service, they actually charged us £2100 even though Rightmove sold our house (partly due to the realistic price ? ) within 2 days. The estate agent never even advertised it in their shop ! However, despite the fact they didn`t really have to do much at all, they were adamant there`d be no discount whatsoever ! I suspect most High St estate agents would be the same, so learn from our mistakes, you could save a shed load of money !

* Bear in mind, if you can`t do your own viewings, that the estate agent might be more efficient / flexible about doing them if they`re on a "pay on completion" sales package..... Or am I just being cynical !

Link to this post

Edited by Justin Smith

Looking to put our house up for sale and wondered what experiences people had andbif anyone was happy with the service they received.

Ta

Recently had a rubbish time with WH Browns. Poor contact, not really motivated to sell my property, over priced, generally poor.

Changed to Redbrick and sold in a fortnight. Excellent service. Slightly cheaper than Browns, always answered the phone / called back when they said, gave me and the property time and attention. Totally different in store experience as well. I'd use them again if I had to move, which I hope I never do!

Redbrik or Bloors for me, dont listen to anyone that says sell it yourself online! its a fools way to sell! dont forget you need to liase and financially verify a buyer, all agents will haggle on the price, i usually pay a fixed fee or 1/2% to 3/4%, never pay upfront.

Hi there. Im renting a property through lancasters property services and i have water coming through my living room celing. Just had a new roof put on so either that or the seal on the shower but still coming through. Ive looked through all of my paper work and there is no out of hours contact number please help !

Thanks ive tried all numbers and they all say there closed and leave a message !

Have you spoken to your neighbours - they may be able to help ? - it's worth a try.

Used Morfitt Smith to sell our house and thought they were excellent. Bought from Saxton Mee and they were terrible to do business with!