Estate agent and lettings MEGATHREAD - No advertising in here

As I am thinking of selling again does anyone have any recent experience of using Messrs Haybrook & Co please.

Haybrooks is a reputable and established local firm. Several clients have used it without any problems recently.

Haybrooks is a reputable and established local firm. Several clients have used it without any problems recently.

Thank you for your reply its much appreciated I will call them Tuesday for a valuation and the costs etc.

Thanks again.

As buyer there is a particular estate I am beginning to avoid, I find the houses listed by them to be overpriced. Having spoken to a couple of other people looking for a house, their experience is the same - so I'm not the only one.

Just wondered if anybody has any recommendations or experience with agents who look after your property and get you clients?

I have seen a similar thread but only advises people to do it their self.

Edited by mlfc

Martin and co are good negotiate few

I found Martin and Co to be rubbish in my experience. (That was the Donny branch though).

Anyone else had problems getting tenancy deposits back off Belvoir? Ours was banked with the Deposit Protection Service and has been waiting for Belvoir! to release for three weeks+ now.

Apparently there's another delay because 'the manager's on holiday'. I mean, yeah right. I paid enough admin fees at the start of the tenancy so staff holidays aren't a valid reason to delay repaying a deposit.

This Deposit Protection Service look about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

This Deposit Protection Service look about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

That would be incorrect... as long as your deposit is protected with the DPS, then the Agent (or Landlord) cannot just take it and have away with it. If you wish to be patient for the Agent to start the repayment process you can, or you might decide to get in touch with the DPS directly, giving them your tenancy and deposit details, and see how they can assist you.

I'm not sure how the fees you paid and someone's holidays are linked, tho'.