Estate agent and lettings MEGATHREAD - No advertising in here

Red Brick are decent there brochures and on line brochures blow everyones's out of the water, if you pm me your detail I know one of the owners and can pass on the offer a free hours valuation nothing to lose really.

Thanks both. DumDom, I will try and check them out.

MikeyET, do you know how much Redbrick charge please?

not sure I know its low compared to the others, but they do sell them quick Pm me your details and I can pass them on tomorrow if you like.

Thanks

Mike

Anyone have experience of letting agents in Sheffield and who are the best? I was thinking of just the vetting process rather than full management?

Anyone have experience of letting agents in Sheffield and who are the best? I was thinking of just the vetting process rather than full management?

EweMove are excellent

Hello - Are there any Agents who provide a tenant find service for smaller landlords/agents? I could include using them for referencing... Its expensive to get a property on the larger portals being a small player :)

If so please PM me with costs and how it works

Thanks in advance.

Mod Note

Threads merged,

Please use the search facility before starting new threads

Well this week I've had three evaluations on my two bedroom apartment and they do vary.

Pink Homes - £95k

Blundells - £100K

Haybrooks - £85-95!

All relatively similar fees but the schpiel from Haybrooks was impressive, take calls till ten pm open all weekend and bank holidays etc.

Anyone any advice on either of these three?

Pink homes did a fantastic job for me, £699 plus VAT upfront... They sold my house in 2 weeks.. The fee included listing on Rightmove and Zoopla... Other agents tend to over value your house to get the business. Then they base their fee on a % of the asking price, if the house goes for less you still pay the fee on the original valuation.

Well this week I've had three evaluations on my two bedroom apartment and they do vary.

Pink Homes - £95k

Blundells - £100K

Haybrooks - £85-95!

All relatively similar fees but the schpiel from Haybrooks was impressive, take calls till ten pm open all weekend and bank holidays etc.

Anyone any advice on either of these three?

Valuations are just a guess... an educated one though. They just look at similar properties sold in the area and other aspects to come up with a price.

The market decides what the value is. I reckon it will go for £94k :D

Valuations are just a guess... an educated one though. They just look at similar properties sold in the area and other aspects to come up with a price.

The market decides what the value is. I reckon it will go for £94k :D

Is that a chequebook you're holding? :hihi:

Thanks I know roughly the value etc but thinking of going with Pink Homes - they've sold lately in the area. Lets see what happens I guess.

Bought our current house almost 10 years ago so we're a bit out of date with the whole house selling/estate agent game. I think we sold our previous house on 2-3% commission arrangement with a no sale no fee clause. Is this still the norm?

Also, a friend used 2Roost who charged a much cheaper up front fee and managed to sell in a week. However, i'm a little put off as there's a house down the street that's been advertised with 2Roost for 5+ years. Looking at their website it looks like there's little incentive for them to sell your house once they've got their up front fee?

Any advise or tips would be appreciated.