Estate agent and lettings MEGATHREAD - No advertising in here

DO NOT go to Saxton Mee! They are complete waste of space. We chose to pay for floor plans which never made it to Right Move despite us asking them dozen of times to do it. They just make a brochure and email it to people and that's about it. They will not make an effort to sell your house which is required in current market. They will not chase viewers and give you a feedback. We haven't sold our house with them, but still had to pay £620!!! I feel cheated and let down. They are not worth even 6 pence for what they do. Waste of space and most annoying waste of time!!!!

Pinks Homes in ecclesfield. One shop not a daft national chain £699 to sell plus vat... sold mine for the full asking price in 2 months. Before that i used Yourmove who were a complete waste of time.

I will definately use Pinks again

Sounds good, some areas seem to be selling better than others, what part were you selling in?

We are with HaybrooksThe other day they failed to meet a viewer as agreed by appointment.The Haybrooks claim to have had a blow out in their car causing them to miss the appointment-must have been some blow-out as they failed to contact the client who was left waiting in the cold and rain.We will be seeking a better deal and a reduction in the commission paid.

The property is Ecclesfield area. To be honest properties around this area, parson cross, chapeltown appear to be selling quite well. As i am looking for a new house I'm noticing houses coming and going...or is that just the nice ones.... or the reasonably priced ones that are not punching above their weight because people still expect to get what it was worth pre-recession!!!!

All i know is price it right, take good pics, be nice to viewers, de clutter, keep it clean and did i say price it right!!!!!!!!!!

The property is Ecclesfield area. To be honest properties around this area, parson cross, chapeltown appear to be selling quite well. As i am looking for a new house I'm noticing houses coming and going...or is that just the nice ones.... or the reasonably priced ones that are not punching above their weight because people still expect to get what it was worth pre-recession!!!!

All i know is price it right, take good pics, be nice to viewers, de clutter, keep it clean and did i say price it right!!!!!!!!!!

not far wrong there, we've been looking around the S6 and S8 happily pay if the price is right, and just did so at the asking price too. funny enough the agent is Pink Homes.

Haybrooks in Banner Cross without a shadow of a doubt. I have either bought or sold with most of the others and have not been at all impressed.

Every member of staff at the branch came to see my house so they knew what they were selling. I was on first name terms with them all and was kept very well informed of all progress. I had 10 viewings in a week and sold within 2 at my asking price. They also negotiated for my new house on my behalf.

They are professional, dynamic and hard-working.

For the first time in my life, I haven't begrudged the estate agents' fees at the end of it, as I felt they were well deserved.

Tell them Joanna from Fentonville Street recommended them! : )

Well Haybrooks at CP where awfull,everytime we tried to get in touch they were in the loo or on the phone with another client.

I too dealt with Haybrooks at Banner Cross and must have dealt with different people, they harrassed me to come on the market, then after paying money upfront, found it near impossible for them to return my calls, give me feedback after my viewings and were at times plain rude. Fortunately i kept in touch with someone who viewed myself and am now waiting for my sale to go through, I would NEVER wish Haybrooks on anyone.

I've got my house up for sale with haybrooks at crystal peaks and they are absolutely shocking , don't return calls , mess you about with viewings , never get and feedback , we've had people turn up who did not known the house price ... Total waste of 16 weeks . Everyone I've spoken too have confirmed what a joke they are .

:rant: Haybrooks at Crystal Peals were supposed to come and value my house last Friday at 5pm. I took the day off work, spent all day cleaning and getting things ready for them not to turn up! Not even the common decency to call and cancel :rant:

hello I can recomened archers in crosspool fair price, professional service friendly all round good experience. there number is 0114 2683833 and ask for shelley. good luck they helped me .

When selling or letting your house and trying to choose the right estate agent, remember that the agent needs your custom, not the other way round.

Therefore be sure to shop around to find the best agent for your house/area - depending on what property type and where your property is should determine which agent you choose.

Always read any contracts/small print fully before signing. Don't be afraid to ask for changes in the clauses if you do not agree (e.g. Some agents won't allow multiple agents to sell your property and want to be the sole seller. You may wish to question this in the current market).

Do be realistic though. The property sale market is slower at present and depending on what type of property you're selling it may take a while to get a serious purchaser. All agents face this issue so don't expect miracles overnight.