Recommendations for a 60th Birthday Party

Hi Sheffield'ers

I was after some recommendations of a place to hold a 60th birthday party for my mother. There will be approximately 50 guests and we will obviously want it to be licensed and put on a buffet. We wanted to book the Curators house at the Botanical gardens but they no longer do events.

Can you recommend anything of a similar ilk?

Thanks

James

gala bingo -with the blue rinse brigade :D

gala bingo -with the blue rinse brigade :D
cheeky tw*t,:hihi::hihi: I am sixty next month and we have booked a meal for 30 of us at the garrison hillsborough 3 course meal quite reasonable:thumbsup:

Last year I went to a 56th birthday party at the Boardwalk - not quite 60th I know but hey, your mother was a teenager in the sixties so would maybe like to boogie into the early hours.

Last year I went to a 56th birthday party at the Boardwalk - not quite 60th I know but hey, your mother was a teenager in the sixties so would maybe like to boogie into the early hours.

take pleny of WD40 for the zimmer :P

Whatever you do dont look back :thumbsup: Its a long long way :hihi::hihi: (obviously copper wired, dave650) ;)

Try the company that run the trips down the canal from the canal basin.

We used them last March to finish off a full weekend to celebrate my in-laws Golden Wedding.

And as we headed off down the canal towards Attercliffe, the companys brand new boat that was coming up to the canal basin for a fit out passed us coming the other way.

The new boat looks great and they can cater for all sorts of events and include music, jazz groups or I would imagine as the new boat is so big, perhaps discos.

The company are based in the shop in one of the arches under the Hilton hotel in the Canal Basin.

Call down and have a look and see what they can offer.

That sounds brilliant to me :thumbsup:

There are some good suggestions and some awful ones been made so far but thanks for the ideas. I like the canal suggestion!

Thanks all!